cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App Keeps Cutting In and Out

alijaffer
I plan to stick around

hi,

over the past week I am unable to cast to my nvidea shield android box. I have tried from my iPhone and my wife's Samsung S20. I am able to cast however as it is playing the video will cut in and out every few seconds. if I play it on my device without casting there is no issue .

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone's and rebooting all devices. The nvidea shield is hard wired to the router.

please let me know what else I should do.

thanks,

Ali

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV App Keeps Cutting In and Out

alijaffer
I plan to stick around

It looks to be an issue with Nvidea Shield.

My other shield device on Shield version 8.2.3 (Android 9) still works.  The one I upgraded to Shield version 9.0.0 (Android 11) does not.

I'll raise a ticket with Nvidea.

Thanks,

Ali

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersMoin

Hello, @alijaffer.

Welcome back, and thank you for your post. 😃

I can imagine how video cutting in and out can hamper the viewing experience; is it only happening with the Ignite TV app? So far, there are no reports of others experiencing a similar issue. 

Have you tried casting Ignite TV on a different Chromecast (if available)?

@Community - please share your recent Ignite TV casting experience.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

listerlow
I've been around

same experience here and it is NOT the app.  it is the TV service consistently cutting out totally.  At least 8 times in the past hour.

alijaffer
I plan to stick around

It looks to be an issue with Nvidea Shield.

My other shield device on Shield version 8.2.3 (Android 9) still works.  The one I upgraded to Shield version 9.0.0 (Android 11) does not.

I'll raise a ticket with Nvidea.

Thanks,

Ali

MeSS
I've been around

I have the same problem. The casting starts and runs fine for 20 seconds, then the screen goes black with a Pause symbol, then the 3 dots/ellipsis symbol, then the video rolls back 1 second, continues on for another 20 seconds, and the cycle repeats. Visually it looks like a buffering type issue but maybe not as the 20 second pattern is very consistent.

The Ignite TV app (v6.10) previously worked fine with NVidia Shield but those devices recently started upgrading to Shield Experience 9.0 with Android TV 11 which has the "ChromeCast built-in" app version 1.56.276477

I tested this from an iPhone and iPad and both have the same issue casting to Shield.

Casting to a Sony Bravia Android TV does not have the problem (it has a slightly older ChromeCast built-in app version 1.56.275391).

Casting from the iOS VLC app to the NVidia Shield does not have the problem.

So it does seem like an incompatibility between the Ignite TV app and the recent NVidia Shield update (maybe Comcast's Xfinity Stream app as well).

kooper
I've been here awhile
Hey Ali, any news on the ticket with Nvidia? I'm also experiencing the exact same issue on both of my Nvidia shields that are upgraded to 9.0.2. Casting to a Chromecast works fine though.

Matt

alijaffer
I plan to stick around
Nvidea gave me dot patches but basically to resolve the issue I need to go on the Nvidia shield settings - apps- show system - Chromecast and revert any updates.

after I do that Chromecast works with no problem.

only issue is that I have auto install app updates so the next day the Chromecast app gets updated again.

hope that helps.

Lapchuk
I've been around
In a different thread someone suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the Chromecast built-in app in the play store on the shield. Just tried it and so far so good.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation