cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App - Download & Go Feature

AdamTFC
I've been here awhile

I am so sorry but this defies the whole purpose of using this app unless the purpose of the app is mainly to make money by using data. When I go the gym, I use the wifi provided there. Every time I use the app to watch something recorded, it keeps going on and on without starting, and eventually I get this message: "something went wrong". The only fix is to disable the wifi, enable the data, close the app, reopen it, choose the recorded program I want to watch, start it (it will start normally because I use the data I have), pause it, enable to wifi, and disable the data, and continue the program!!!!!!!!!!! Is that how it is supposed to be? Every time, I waste close to 15 minutes before I start watching anything. SO VERY ANNOYING! I sent dozens of messages to Rogers, and all I got was copy-and-paste messages that urge you to check the strength of the wifi (with this wifi, i stream anything else with no problem), and ask you to make sure no apps are running in the background (which again I make sure of). There is simply no solution, I removed the whole app and re-installed it and had to put the credentials again...etc. Still the same! Simply, Rogers is pushing everyone to use data .... So very upsetting but typical!!!!

*Edited Title & Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ignite TV App - Download & Go Feature

RogersMoin

Hello, @AdamTFC.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for sharing your app experience. It seems you are not downloading the shows you want to watch offline. With the Ignite TV app, you can download your recordings or purchased content to watch on the go, even without an Internet connection.

You can check the 'Download & Go' how-to video clip in the Community's knowledge base to know more about the feature. 

Please ask away if you have further questions.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

AdamTFC
I've been here awhile

Who said anything about downloading? I am talking about recordings. I can watch recorded programs  using my data and home wifi (which is from Rogers as well). However, once I use wifi from a non-Rogers source, the app is good for nothing. Please read carefully what I wrote above. I know very well downloading programs that I want to watch even without internet but I was referring to recorded programs. The fact remains that there should be a simple fix but unfortunately as Rogers services are, there is NEVER a simple fix. This is exactly why I am exploring all other options with other companies. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I use the Ignite TV app on iOS and can confirm that you can watch recordings through a non-Rogers Internet service.

I also know that I can only watch live broadcasts on some channels from home.  Channels can be geo-restricted and there are some that can also only be watched when connected to a Rogers network.  The same might also be true for recordings although I have not run into any situations (yet) where a recording will not play.

When I watch content through the app, it either works immediately or I get an error immediately telling me that I do not have the rights to access the content from my location or network.  I have never run into a situation where the app "goes on and on" waiting for the stream to start and then fails with an error message.  Is it possible that the public Wi-Fi in your gym has a content blocker that is breaking the Ignite TV app?

AdamTFC
I've been here awhile

Hello there,

Thanks but I don't think so.  The proof is that I can use the wifi eventually but I have to go through connecting to data, pausing, disconnecting the data, connecting to the wifi....etc.

Best,

Good morning @AdamTFC!

Only content indicating the “TVGO” symbol is available outside of their home. The only other restriction on PVR recordings within Canada is that they are only available out of home once the program recording is complete.

This sounds like an issue with your gyms WiFi. Public gym WiFi can be congested by too many connections leaving not enough bandwidth to go around.

Does this issue occur on every single WiFi network you attempt to stream on?

Regards,

RogersCorey

ajnic
I've been here awhile
Try putting your phone on airplane mode. I find I have to do this with Disney and crave to get it to work. I was having to start in data and switch to wifi with these apps. I haven't tried it with ignite yet but might be worth a try.
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation