cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP cameras hacked and Fing shows open ports

Cguyton
I've been here awhile

So my Rogers camera and Tapo cameras have been hacked. These ppl talk to me and harass me thru the 2 way I believe and have even started circling my house in 2 or 3 different cars while screaming into the cameras to let me know its them. Very immature. Anyways I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of them. When I use Fing to scan the devices and open ports it shows a few open ports on certain devices but I have no idea how to close them or how they are even open in the first place! When I go to port forwarding on the home connect app there aren't any ports being forwarded so how is Fing detecting open ports??? How do I close them? How do u get rid of these hackers who are completely disrupting my life on a daily basis? They've gone as far as talking to my 5 year old at all hours of the night keeping him up! Its a few teenagers or young adults down the street. I'm thinking they may have found my boyfriend's list cell phone and that's how they initially gained access but I have since reset my entire network and changed ssid and password but they still manage to keep control of the cameras. They even have access to my cell phone mic and camera! It's extremely frustrating and sickening! Any help is appreciated!

**Labels Added**

8 REPLIES 8

Re: IP cameras hacked and Fing shows open ports

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
File a police report with the footage.

Cguyton
I've been here awhile
I have considered this but I still have to figure out how to kick them off my network and still want to know how to close these ports that Fing shows are open.

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
You can start by changing your network password. This means, you will literally have to reconnect each device again with the new password. Make it something peoe won't be able to guess. Hiding the SSID once that is all done makes it a lot harder to know the network is even there.

Cguyton
I've been here awhile
I have done this twice now. The second time I changed the SSID as well. I even changed the gateway IP address! They still had access to the devices regardless of the network and password. I've reset the cameras at least 3 times now as well... I don't get it...

RussellA
I plan to stick around

Quick question:  Are the cameras access via a cloud service or app, with a login?  If so, change that password to one not shared with any other service or login.  It sounds like they're accessing the cameras through a platform and not directly with each camera.  If it's from a lost device, make sure you've use the Apple/Android service to wipe the lost phone as it's a huge security issue if there was no password on the phone.  It may be a much larger issue, then.

Cguyton
I've been here awhile
Yes it's saved to the cloud. I do not have SD cards in my cameras. They are going as far as editing together old footage and playing it back so I can hear it. They are also playing it over the camera speakers outside. Some of my boyfriend and I in the bedroom even. It's quite disturbing. And they seem to think they have something against us they could use and have asked for money etc... I've tried having them talk to me face to face about this instead of thru my cameras but they appear to be very young. My son is nude in this footage daily and there's also the same of my boyfriend and I. This has been happening for at least 2 months now. At one point I thought I was going crazy.... But then it became more obvious that I wasn't hearing things and it was indeed hackers.... Im going to try to take pictures of the cars and plates... But in the meantime I wish there was some way to get rid of them!

RussellA
I plan to stick around

I would remove the cameras from the Tapo cloud account, delete the account and re-create a new account.  What you're talking about is a serious security breach, and something you need to close-down to fix.  You can't boot someone out of an account they may have full access to, without deleting the Tapo account and making a new one.

RussellA
I plan to stick around

Let me follow-up to my own post. You can boot someone out of the account, if under a settings page, there is an option to log-out all clients out of the account.  It will require the users (you want) to re-login to the account to see the cameras, but those without the password won't be able to log back in.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation