cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HomeConnect mobile app constant login frustrations

Kromtara
I plan to stick around

Greetings from the void. I have returned to provide feedback on the HomeConnect mobile application. I am a fan of my Rogers Ignite TV. Most features of my TV, Internet, and phone have worked well and my interactions with Rogers support have been positive. HomeConnect has been a different story:

1. Why is certain functionality for my Rogers Internet services ONLY available via the HomeConnect mobile application? Why is there not a web portal through MyRogers with the same functionality? Alternatively, why can't I login to my router and access the same?
  2. The HomeConnect app constantly forgets our user login information. From reading other user posts I think that this is happening to everyone. Why, every week or two, should we have to login to HomeConnect from scratch and go through security authorization? My other apps do not do this when "remember login" is checked.
  3. To compound the frustration, often when I enter my user login information HomeConnect returns back that I have entered the wrong password. That is not correct because I first login to MyRogers on the web using my correct user ID and password. The user ID and password that I am entering are correct.
  4. Finally, the coup de grace, I wait an hour, day, or several days later and try again to login using exactly the same user ID and password... HomeConnect will suddenly work.

The HomeConnect mobile app itself is clunky but useable. Could Rogers please give us the same functionality through a web portal on MyRogers? Could Rogers stop constantly asking for HomeConnect logins? Finally, could Rogers resolve the login information between HomeConnect and MyRogers that would cause the application to return  false wrong password messages?

Appreciated - Kromtara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HomeConnect mobile app constant login frustrations

RogersMoin

Hello, @Kromtara.

Thank you for being our Community member and for a detailed post. We are delighted that you like Ignite TV services and support.

The HomeConnect web portal has been discontinued, so the HomeConnect app can easily manage your home WiFi network from anywhere. The app logs out after a period of inactivity for security reasons.

The app uses the default browser for authentication. When "remember login" is checked, the credentials should be retained. Usually, when you tap on the blank field, it should list the saved logins for that website. You may want to try clearing the cache of your default browser to see if it helps with the login.

Alternatively, if you have already logged into the MyRogers app, you can launch the HomeConnect app from the Services/Equipment tab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; it helps us to keep improving the app experience.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMoin

Hello, @Kromtara.

Thank you for being our Community member and for a detailed post. We are delighted that you like Ignite TV services and support.

The HomeConnect web portal has been discontinued, so the HomeConnect app can easily manage your home WiFi network from anywhere. The app logs out after a period of inactivity for security reasons.

The app uses the default browser for authentication. When "remember login" is checked, the credentials should be retained. Usually, when you tap on the blank field, it should list the saved logins for that website. You may want to try clearing the cache of your default browser to see if it helps with the login.

Alternatively, if you have already logged into the MyRogers app, you can launch the HomeConnect app from the Services/Equipment tab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; it helps us to keep improving the app experience.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Kromtara
I plan to stick around

Thanks RogersMoin. Can you bring back the HomeConnect web portal... pleeez? 🙂  I know, I know.

Cheers - Kromtara

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation