cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers hotspots not for Rogers customers

Sotoal20
I've been here awhile

I’m unable to join Rogers open hotspots even though I’m a Rogers customer. I don’t have a shaw account so I cant log in. Is this going to be fixed or are we going to be left out?

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rogers hotspots not for Rogers customers

DonAtam
I plan to stick around
Hi, you should be able to connect to RogersOpen (formerly Shaw Go WiFi) through your device.
You can follow steps as mentioned on https://www.shaw.ca/internet/wifi

Sotoal20
I've been here awhile
Yeah hi, if you follow these steps, they ask you for a Shaw ID, which I can’t get because I’m not a Shaw costumer.

DonAtam
I plan to stick around
You’re right, sorry I missed that. You don’t need to go through that link I shared if you’re not a shaw customer. What you’d need to do is visit a Rogers WiFi Hotspot (you can find the hotspot location from that link) and go to settings on your device, go to wifi and select RogersOpen. Once you do that it will prompt you with a login portal and you can then select ‘Try for Free’ option as a guest. Enter your information and select ‘Connect’, enter the unique code sent to your email address or phone number and your device will be connected to RogersOpen network, you can then use up to 500MB of data for 7 days.

Sotoal20
I've been here awhile

I appreciate your help. However I thought it was odd that Rogers customers only get the “try it for free” option instead of getting the same deal that Shaw customers get; especially with a service called “Rogers Open”. The link you sent to register devices also seemed to have an option to enter an access code instead of a Shaw ID. I contacted Rogers to bring this up and see if I could get a code. After a long, frustrating conversation with an agent who kept insisting I could register my device through the same link, they finally got back with the following:

“Thank you for waiting! I just check with my team regarding the rogers open hotspot so it is accessible for only with shaw internet accounts and if you do not have access to shaw account then there is no access to rogersopen it is from shaw so only they have access to register the accounts!”

So bottomline is yeah RogersOpen is not meant for Rogers customers even though the website clearly says “As a Rogers customer, you're connected. Easily register for WiFi Hotspots and connect automatically”.

DonAtam
I plan to stick around
I’m sorry that agent provided you that information but if you follow the steps I sent earlier, you should be able to connect to the hotspot where it’s available.

Mtomalty
I've been around
No you can’t. They clearly outlined that in their response. Helpful thread though I will not try to connect anymore!
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation