cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inseego MIFI X PRO 5G connectivity and random restarts

Magelan913
I plan to stick around

Hi all, I was having issues with device random restarts, took me 5 or 6 calls to support in order to get replacement device.
With replacement I can see story seems to be same, MIFI can restart at any time, even with full battery charge. Also I noticed it may show connection but on connected device I can try to browse internet and I see message you are not connected to internet…At same I see full bars in left corner, so device is online…Very frustrating having those issues…I wonder if there any help can be provided or again replacement only…

*Added Labels*

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Inseego MIFI X PRO 5G connectivity and random restarts

RogersMaude

Good afternoon @Magelan913,

Welcome to the community! Thank you very much for posting your device concerns here. 

I appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention. :slightly_smiling_face:

If I understand correctly, once the device restarts, you need to power it off and back on in order for your wifi devices to be able to connect again. Is that right?

To confirm; this happened with the previous Inseego device as well as the replacement one sent out, to swap the original. Correct?

If anyone else in the community has experienced anything similar, feel free to chime in!

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Magelan913
I plan to stick around
First my device worked fine for few month. After that it start randomly restart during the day so I could not relay on this internet. Took me about 6 calls to support until last call worked and I got replacement. With new one if it restart my WiFi clients switch to my Shaw modem since connection lost to MIFI. When MIFI is back online I need to switch WiFi on client devices in order to use MIFI, unless I have auto connect on WiFi settings. Just new behavior I noticed when it shows device connected but on device I have no internet through MIFI. Never seen with previous device this.

Hello, @Magelan913.

We appreciate the additional details. The WiFi clients switching to the Shaw WiFi network may happen when Auto Connect is enabled for that network. If you want your WiFi Clients to always connect to your MIFI, please uncheck Auto Connect for the Shaw WiFi network. And enable Auto Connect for the MIFI network.

Do your WiFi clients support WPA3 Security? If you have a mix of old and new devices, change the security to WPA2 to see the Internet works once the devices are connected to the MIFI network. The security can be changed from the Primary Network tab under WiFi settings.

I look forward to seeing your devices remain connected to the MIFI and the Internet working.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Magelan913
I plan to stick around
Thank you @RogersMoin. My clients support WPA3 security and if needed I can tight them to MIFI only. My second MIFI keep also rebooting randomly during the day and sometimes sitting in front of MIFI I can see connection on MIFI and on my client(IPhone 14 pro, which is supports WPA3 according to Apple) which tells me no Internet( MIFI shows Rogers 5G strong connection to network). So how to deal with random reboots(battery almost full on MIFI) during the day at least for now ? I saw somewhere suggestion to reboot device few times or similar which not really help with those random reboots…Greatly appreciate your time.

Magelan913
I plan to stick around
While waiting for solution I was trying to look online. Someone suggested to remove SIM card and let MIFI run without it and see if it will do same or not so we can blame SIM card. I tried and it’s running without reboot for few days. I also tried to use same SIM card in my other MIFI 8000 I used with FIDO, so I have stable internet with same speed and no reboots with MIFI 8000.
Not sure if I should try to replace SIM card and see if this helps with MIFI X Pro 5 G as I’m running out of ideas at this moment. Hope Rogers support can suggest something.

Hello, @Magelan913.

Thanks for trying the SIM in MiFi 8000. it's good to know that the Internet remains stable with no reboots. So it may be something other than the SIM then.

And no reboots were noticed on MiFi X PRO 5G without SIM. So we can rule out the device itself as the problem as well.

By default, MiFi X PRO 5G uses WiFi 6 / WPA3; when a device that doesn't support WiFi 6 connects to the network, it will change the configuration to allow it to connect. It seems whenever there is a change in the configuration settings, it reboots.

I suggest matching the WiFi Settings & Primary Network tabs of MiFi X PRO 5G with MiFi 8000. This could make the Internet stable on MiFi X PRO 5G with no reboots.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Magelan913
I plan to stick around
Thank you @RogersMoin, I was trying to use same as on MIFI 8000 settings for WIFI network but it still gives me hard time and reboots, tried different clients. I also was trying to check for any software update but nothing available at this moment. For now using SIM card with MIFI 8000 which is show stable connection and surprisingly smaller battery capacity lets me work longer, more than 8 hours versus bigger capacity battery on MIFI X PRO 5G maximum 7,5 hours with same workload😔 Really wish this issue with restarts to be fixed asap…
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation