cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet is not stable

geneatrim
I've been around

I am in the South West Kitchener area.  My Rogers internet was disconnected from time to time.  

I logged the technical support ticket,  but the ticket was closed without any resolution or notice.  I was very upset with the internet service.    I wish Bell can offer fiber service in my area soon, so I can switch to Bell. 

Anyone here in the Kitchener area is having the same issue?  

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: internet is not stable

Georgr
I'm here a lot
I'm in Cambridge and signed up for Rogers service 2 months ago. My record for no outage since signing up is about 30 hours, though it's more frequently 12 hours max. Sometimes it goes down every 10 minutes for 3 minutes at a time.
3 tech visits and a maintenance ticket later... same condition. You're not alone, whatever solace that provides.

From my perspective the problems are related to the DOCSIS 3.1 rollout allowing higher speeds. I was through a reseller before on DOCSIS 3.0 and had stable, reliable service. I regret changing.

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @geneatrim, @Georgr

Welcome to our Rogers Community and we are elated to have the both of you on board with us! 🙌 As a fellow consumer, I can completely understand how the both of you are feeling. It's impertaive to ensure you stay connected at all times and are receiving the service(s) you pay for.

We'd hate to see you go @geneatrim! How has your service been since you last posted with us? Has the issue been rectified? Did we get a chance to complete any troubleshooting steps with you? 

Yikes! We're saddened to hear what has transpired since you made the switch over @Georgr. 😥 I can assure you this is not the type of experience we want you to be having. I see we're already assisting you via PM. We'd be more than happy to continue there! 

In the event that you are still experiencing issues @geneatrim, we'd be more than happy to have a more in depth look for you to get this ironed out. Feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can have a gander together. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Regards, 

RogersJo

Neenee11
I've been around

I’m in Toronto, I’ve been having similar issues for about 4 weeks now.  It seemed to start overnight; I’ve been working from home for 3 years with no issues, then all of a sudden the internet connection started  dropping, first on my iPads only, there were no issues with my PC.  Then after about 2 weeks, I started to have issues with my PC losing connection, on top of the ongoing issues with my iPads.   I have had 4 technicians visit, 2 senior tech’s;  my modem has been replaced twice, they have changed the cable connections, but the problem persists.   Sometimes it will be fine for 12- 24 hours, then for days the internet connection will drop, for a few seconds up to 30 minutes.   This seems it indicate it is not a problem with the physical cables.    I have to say, I’m about ready to call Bell it this doesn’t get resolved.

RogersTony

Hello, @Neenee11 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's very disappointing to hear about the issues you have been facing with your internet service. We know how important it is to have a stable connection. Can you follow the steps outlined here and post the signal level table for your modem so the community can review?

Is the modem connected directly to the power socket in your home or is it connected to a power bar?

We look forward to hearing from you. 

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation