cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Home Internet Speed and Reception near Otter Lake, near Parry Sound Ontario?

RAPOtterLake
I've been here awhile

Hi Guys. 

I have an appointment for installation of Rogers Wireless Internet for my cottage on Otter Lake near Parry Sound Ontario (the Oastler Park Drive exit off Highway 400).

Just wondered if anyone has any feedback on the reception and internet speed in this Otter Lake area?

Any other tips or recommendations regarding the installation and/or use are appreciated.

Thanks

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wireless Home Internet Speed and Reception near Otter Lake, near Parry Sound Ontario?

RogersZia

Hello @RAPOtterLake,

Welcome to the Community!

Wireless home internet service is a great way for the  communities outside of our wireline service area to stay connected. It connects the internet modem to a specialized antenna installed outside the home which transmits data through the local wireless cell tower.

Depending on the package you signed up for, the speeds can vary from 25/5 or 50/10 for up to 450GB and then reduced to 10/2 and 20/4 respectively. 

As far as the reception and coverage is concerned, the install technician will assess your home and property to confirm a strong signal connection to your local wireless cell tower. Once signal strength is confirmed, the technician will go ahead with installing the outdoor antenna. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Any other Wireless Home Internet users in the Community? Please feel free to share your experience. 

RogersZia

Re: Wireless Home Internet Speed and Reception near Otter Lake, near Parry Sound Ontario?

RAPOtterLake
I've been here awhile

RogersZia, Thanks for the response and update.  Also the link to the packages.  I didn't realize that both Packages are discounted to the same price for the first 12 months.

However, if anyone in the Otter Lake area has any feedback on the actual download/upload speeds and performance, I would still be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks

RAPOtterLake

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation