cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I return the ignite hub for a lesser fee if I don't need it?

phonobaba
I've been here awhile
I recently changed from Rogers cable internet to the ignite fiber internet. Under the new setup, there's a fiber modem (Nokia) in the connection box near the entrance, and then the new ignite hub is simply used as a router.
I've always used my own router (previously behind the Rogers modem/router in bridge mode). Under this new setup, I just connected my router to the Nokia and don't need the ignite hub as a router (it's limited in settings options and I don't like that it has to / can be remotely managed via Rogers ignite hub app.) My question is, can I return the ignite hub for a lesser fee, since there's a rental fee in my monthly bill for it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I return the ignite hub for a lesser fee if I don't need it?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Simple answer: No. Rogers will not discount your package if you do not use their XB8. There is no separate rental fee it is an all inclusive price.

Sorry.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Simple answer: No. Rogers will not discount your package if you do not use their XB8. There is no separate rental fee it is an all inclusive price.

Sorry.

phonobaba
I've been here awhile

Thanks.  Thought so.  However, they do list a rental charge for equipment in the billing.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation