cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speeds

akumar99
I've been around

9 years ago when I was in Austin I had 1GB upload and download, why is it that its 2024 and Rogers can't offer anything close?  We are in an age of "cloud", we all use it in one way or another.  Currently I am uploading several gigs of photos and videos from a vacation and it's ridiculous how we are limited to ~30Mbs upload yet a easily get 900Mbs+

Is it really technical related? I find it hard to except that as telecom leaders in Canada you are well over 9 years behind my experience in the US.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Upload Speeds

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@akumar99 : It all depends on your location and the technology available in that area.  In areas that have FTTH, you can get higher upload speeds. In FTTN areas, you get what you have - say 30-50 Mbps up. If you're in an area that is served by twisted pair wiring for phone-based providers, you may only have 50-100 down and 10-25 up.  If you're out of town, you may need to rely on cell phone or satellite technology, which can be very costly.  Location, location, location.

Re: Upload Speeds

LordDrakkon
I'm an advisor
The pathetic upload speeds have always been my biggest complaint with Rogers. We need an options that have at least has 500Mbps up, preferrably 1Gbps up.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation