cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spiking Ping Issues

kelvin7
I've been around

Hello, I have been having spiking ping issues for the past 2 weeks. Pinging google(8.8.8.8) gives me between 13-2000+MS, while doing the same ping test on my mobile hotspot will give me fairly stable results. I have tried restarting the modem, updating network drivers, flushing DNS, and using google DNS.

A technician has replaced my modem which was less than a year old and the issue has not been resolved. The support team tells me their ping to my modem is perfect and that sending a technician to check will be charged.

Is there anything else I can test to prove that the issue is not on my end?

Thank you

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Spiking Ping Issues

RogersMoin

Hello, @kelvin7.

I appreciate you joining the Community, and thank you for your post. 

Ping spikes can be troublesome; do you recall any changes made to your home network in the past two weeks before the ping spikes began?

Are you running the ping test on a wired computer? Do you have your own router? 

Can you run the ping and traceroute tests as outlined in the knowledge base article and post the results?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: Spiking Ping Issues

zRa
I plan to stick around

All i can say to you my man is goodluck. Been experiencing the same thing for 5 months now and still no resolution. All i'm told is its congestion and they need to segment the node.

Somehow, Rogers failing to actively monitor and plan their infrastructure is the consumers problem.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation