cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Level

HWK
I've been here awhile

I just had rogers service installed today by a technician after installation I suspect the downstream signal is rather high. I am posting a screenshot of the signal for a second opinion, would appreciate the feedback. Just some additional information, since I never had rogers service before tech ran a brand new line to modem, it includes outside and inside wiring.

DownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamDownstreamUpstreamUpstream

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Signal Level

HWK
I've been here awhile

Thank you for getting back to me,  past few hours signal is constantly going up and the modem is randomly rebooting causing loss of connection, it has done this at least five times so far in the past 24 hours or so, I talked to tech this morning and after having a conversation and sharing my notes, a technician is coming to remedy this issue on Monday, if I remember correctly phone support mentioned about installing forward path attenuator, at the back of the modem. I am hopeful this will correct the issue and I will have smooth sailing.

I shall update after Monday and will see how it goes after the technician finishes working with the modem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersTony

Hello, @HWK

Thank you for posting your signal levels.

I have taken a look at the data you've posted and the signal levels are within the correct range but it is a bit high on some of your channels.

Are you noticing any performance issues with your service thus far? If all is well I would only recommend monitoring this to see if the signal levels increase in strength further.

@Datalink may be able to provide further insight on this matter. I have tagged him to this post.

RogersTony

HWK
I've been here awhile

Thank you for getting back to me,  past few hours signal is constantly going up and the modem is randomly rebooting causing loss of connection, it has done this at least five times so far in the past 24 hours or so, I talked to tech this morning and after having a conversation and sharing my notes, a technician is coming to remedy this issue on Monday, if I remember correctly phone support mentioned about installing forward path attenuator, at the back of the modem. I am hopeful this will correct the issue and I will have smooth sailing.

I shall update after Monday and will see how it goes after the technician finishes working with the modem.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation