cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers messing with our privacy

Onik
I've been here awhile

Why everyone I call there’s a check mark plus it keep telling me last line is no longer available do you want to call using remaining lines . As if my phone is tap or something …. Rogers have no remorse whatsoever. I regret signing up with rogers

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers messing with our privacy

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi. I was a bit confused because you posted this in the internet forum not the cellular one but it looks like your getting a verified check mark on incoming calls which have been verified.

This is normal they announced the back end of this feature was installed. The part you are seeing is the phone side of it. The phone manufacturers such as Samsung and Apple and Google have to update their software to support these enhancements and it looked like your got it and it's working

No one is breaching your privacy. This was announced Canada wide and it is merely a certificate being sent from the other calling network to yours.

Now the strange message you get could be a different problem not rated but the checkmark is the stir shaken working

See here for more https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/stir-shaken-caller-id-identification

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersTony

Hello @Onik,

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. Can you provide us with more details on what is happening when you call someone? Please answer the questions below so we can assist you better.

• Where are you seeing the check mark?
  • Does this happen with all numbers you are call or a specific number?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. that sounds REALLY odd.
If this is house phone... not sure if it would really have a dual line feature, unless its a sort of office grade phone..

My guess it would be cellular?  But again, MOST are not dual line... unless its set up for a dual sim?
My guess is something with a cell phone that they are seeing a check mark.

HOW or WHERE you can get tapped lines or privacy issues even from all that.. is beyond me.

Onik
I've been here awhile
In my call log only when certain person call me I see that . I call Tec support they told me it’s a new features rogers have . But everyone at work and my fam have rogers and I don’t see that on their phone . I am
Not here to keep replying over and over and u guys are not helping . And also when I call it’ saying they’re no more line available I call in they told me they will reset and it should be ok and it’s not

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi. I was a bit confused because you posted this in the internet forum not the cellular one but it looks like your getting a verified check mark on incoming calls which have been verified.

This is normal they announced the back end of this feature was installed. The part you are seeing is the phone side of it. The phone manufacturers such as Samsung and Apple and Google have to update their software to support these enhancements and it looked like your got it and it's working

No one is breaching your privacy. This was announced Canada wide and it is merely a certificate being sent from the other calling network to yours.

Now the strange message you get could be a different problem not rated but the checkmark is the stir shaken working

See here for more https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/stir-shaken-caller-id-identification

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to repeat, the message you are getting "last line is no longer available do you want to call using remaining lines"  is different than the caller verification green checkmark.   it might be a specific firmware problem of the handset ie: samsung, apple, google, but it is not an rogers issue.  try power cycling your phone and see if it helps, otherwise call into their tech support hotline and have them open a ticket

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation