cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding Entries

BigKay
I've been here awhile

A lot of entries in Port Forwarding that I did not add

I have about 2 dozen entries in Port Forwarding.  Looks like a bunch from me WDTV (WD2Go) and a bunch named "Teredo? ????

Can I delete them all ?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Port Forwarding Entries

RogersMoin

Hello, @BigKay.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. By default, UPnP is enabled on the modem which facilitates an application to automatically forward a port. There is no harm in deleting those entries. 

If you don't use applications that need port forwarding you can certainly disable it. The UPnP can be disabled by navigating to Basic/Gateway Function menu.

You can manually do the port forwarding for applications that require access to specific ports for proper functioning.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Port Forwarding Entries

RogersMoin

Hello, @BigKay.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. By default, UPnP is enabled on the modem which facilitates an application to automatically forward a port. There is no harm in deleting those entries. 

If you don't use applications that need port forwarding you can certainly disable it. The UPnP can be disabled by navigating to Basic/Gateway Function menu.

You can manually do the port forwarding for applications that require access to specific ports for proper functioning.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation