cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping spikes/Jitter spikes for gaming

pop11
I've been around

Hey so Rogers have been having issues in regards to online gaming and I haven't been able to solve it. I thought it would go away on its own but it still persists. I have used a ping test and correlated it with my online game via ethernet cable and found that an increase in jitter has caused my game to spike in ping. As seen in the image provided, the inconsistent spikes in jitter results in lag in online games. Happens every so often too and is very brief. Currently on the 1.5Gbps ignite plan and only using the provided modem for both wifi and ethernet. Im using an Intel Gigabit CT desktop adapter for ethernet. I do have my onboard 2.5Gbps Realtek card but it is unreliable. From what I have seen, the jitter is the cause of my ping issues but I do not know why this is occurring.

1234567890.PNG

Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ping spikes/Jitter spikes for gaming

RogersCorey

Greetings @pop11!

Thank you for reaching out to us here from Reddit. I really appreciate you taking the time to come here for help!

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

What was the fix? having same issue

did you fix your issue

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation