cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP3 email issues

Argo82
I'm here a lot

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine is having all kinds of issues with his POP3 email account. He consistently has issues with server timeouts, slow to login to receive emails, 30 sec - 1 min is normal. At times, he will randomly receive duplicate copies of the same email in his inbox, not be able to delete emails, or sent email receipts.

Are there known issues with POP3 accounts? Would switching to an IMAP account offer any benefit or resolve these issues? Are POP3 accounts still being supported?

I have another friend using the same software and OS (Windows Live Mail 2012 / Windows 10), using IMAP with no issues.

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Re: POP3 email issues

By any (over a year later) would you know if the POP3 issues were ever resolved by Rogers?  I now am banging my head against the wall as I have 5 rogers email addresses to manage and I'm not happy.

It's not resolved...

Don't bother trying to contact service since they read from a script.

I've given up...

Moved on to other eMail providers such as GMail, etc...

Thanks so much for responding and helping me accept what I need to do, which is to stop using and migrate ALL my rogers.com email accounts to gmail.com, kind regards. 🙏🏾

Guess what, I figured it out. Let me know if you need to know how. I've got the POP working again, all my rogers.com emails are downloading again into my GMAIL...yeah!
Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation