cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nokia modem issues

DisappointedDon
I've been here awhile

Just received my new Nokia Fast.ike 5G gateway 3.2. Trying to activate it it won't accept the password! Feel to retune it with a large sledge hammer!

**Labels updated**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Nokia modem issues

RogersZia

Hi @DisappointedDon,

Welcome to the Community!

I understand you've hit a snag during activation. Are you referring to the default SSID and Wi-Fi key printed on the bottom of your Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway? 

Have you tried to login via a web browser to check if the password works? You can do so by going to 192.168.1.1.

Please check out Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway - Quick Start Guide for more info. Let us know if you still need help with the activation.

RogersZia

After over an hour on the Rogers phone app help page I found out I was supposed to be using the WiFi key and not the password. Why that is not printed clearly in the literature that comes with the modem is beyond me! Why call a WiFi Key and not a password just confuses the issue. Your device that you link to tge modem uses the term "password " not "WiFi Key". Just a suggestion put a note in the packaging of what passwords go where or what they are to be used for.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello DisappointedDon.

I totally agree.  The average user of the service is by no means a teckie. When they print or produce literature, they should write it out in the most simplest terms possible so that ANYONE can understand, even a child.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. let's hope this will help improve their service.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation