cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never saw security lockout in over 15 years with Rogers till 2 day ago

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

I'm in Pickering Ont.  Until 2 days ago I never even saw a message about lockouts - now I have been locked out of both my email accounts on Rogers Yahoo at least 5 times for an hour each time claiming some gibberish about security

To prevent unauthorized access to accounts you are blocked for the next hour

This is both my yahoo accounts with completely different passwords - have not a problem for several years and I have had the same emails on yahoo for over 15 years.

How do I block this from happening?

**Labels Added**

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Never saw security lockout in over 15 years with Rogers till 2 day ago

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

A day later this is still happening repeatedly - I tried clearing my cache for last 7 days - made no differenceScreenshot (81).pngScreenshot (82).png

RogersYasmine

Hello @buddymcl ,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community, we hope you like it here. 🙂

It is concerning that your email is constantly getting locked out. That doesn't seem right. Please let us know if you are still having issues accessing your Rogers email account at this time or if you were able to get this matter resolved.

Can you confirm how you are trying to access your email? If you are using a Rogers.com email address, please login using the Rogers Member Centre login page here: https://rogersmembercentre.com/

You can also access your email via the Yahoo Mail App available for Android and iOS devices.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

Yes it is still happening constantly  

We can't sign you in right now

To prevent unauthorized account access, sign-in attempts are being blocked for now. Try again in an hour with this device and browser.  (this was 30 seconds ago )

I used the rogersmembercentre sign in page it made no difference 

Good morning @buddymcl!

It is possible that this message is appearing due to a hacker attempting to brute force their way into your account. We should launch an investigation into this matter as soon as possible.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

Thanks RogersCorey I will send the private message you suggest as it is still happening.

Other than that is this something I should Rogers about or Yahoo about for technical support ?

We are Rogers technical support and more. We can assist with most anything Rogers related here on the forums.

Regards,

RogersCorey

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

This problem stopped (Nov 10)  as suddenly as it had started - it did not occur all day yesterday (Nov 9) and not so far today.  I have no idea why as I did not change anything. In any case it is solved - at least for now.

Glad to hear it's now resolved @buddymcl!

Regards,

RogersCorey

jessowen2
I've been around

Exact same thing started happening to me this week, with multiple Rogers accounts.  This is unacceptable.

We can't sign you in right now

To prevent unauthorized account access, sign-in attempts are being blocked for now. Try again in an hour with this device and browser.

1. I am locked out on first attempt - before even entering password.

2. Cleared cache, tried incognito and multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge...)

3. Rogers telephone support looked at my account and saw no issues, including hacking attempts.  Told that I simply must wait an hour.

This is ridiculous.  Please don't waste my time with more level one ideas. I reboot every day and stay current with patches and security.  I'm attempting to log in the same way I have for years.  Something has changed and, following basic change control, someone at Rogers should know about it.

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

Yes Jessowen2 and after 4 months mine is still doing it - but I don't feel like going around in circles being transferred among Rogers people so they can pretend it is the first they heard of the problem - so I endure - (until my contract ends)  - all because of some over zealous security freaks idea of safety.

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

The above idiot situation has now been replaced ( for the past week ) with

"Secure your account" message endlessly repeating - after which you get

Error

Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.

RogersMoin

Hello, @buddymcl.

We can help with your email account access; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation