cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Mail on Rogers

pkostandoff
I've been here awhile

My Mac Mail has been out of service since I switched to Rogers Ignite since June 2023.

Why is it taking Rogers so long to correct this issue?

I wonder how many other Rogers customers are experiencing this same problem?

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mac Mail on Rogers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pkostandoff : If you search this forum for "app password generator" or similar terms, you'll find several threads on the topic. This issue started in early March and has not been resolved.  Many of us think that it may never be resolved. Rogers hasn't put any priority on this.

Most people now use apps on their cell phones or tablets to handle their e-mail, which don't require an app password.  The problem is therefore restricted to people who use an app like Outlook, or Thunderbird or Mac Mail on their computers, which may be hundreds of people, but probably not the millions who use cell phones or tablets.  Even most people who use computers have probably not been affected if they did not "lose" their app password functionality.

Here's a sample thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/504809

PS.  The switch to Ignite, in and of itself, should not have caused any issues, but if you lost or needed to generate an app PW for any reason, then that's the issue.

PPS.  Apparently not all hope is lost regarding a solution, but we'll see...

etg
I've been here awhile

I recently made the mistake of changing my password for the rogers yahoo email account.  Now Mac Mail can no longer access the mail server.  Oddly if I put in the wrong password, it tells me it's the wrong password.  If I put in the right one, it let's me know it is unable to authenticate with the rogers yahoo email server.  Two support calls later, I was informed there's a "back end problem they are working on and will inform me when it's corrected"  Clearly based on the timeframe of what I have now googled looking for a solution > 4months it was a problem. 

I stubbornly stuck with Rogers because of the email address - this problem has inspired me to change and search for a different overall provider!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@etg : Please see the following post with a summary of the App PW issue:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/524346/highlight/true#M...

As indicated in that post, item 3, do not switch service providers for your e-mail.

DrewXXM
I've been around
I had this problem as well, tried a lot of different things. Finally got it to work by using a different browser. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox for Mac and was able to access my rogers email that way. Hope this helps to anyone having the same issue, frustrating!
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation