cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite WiFi Pods Offline

Circus_boi
I plan to stick around

Connection Point Unknown: So I have had a couple of Pods with my XB6 for months and they have worked well, with different devices connecting to either Gateway or Pods, etc.  This morning, completely out of the blue, the pods seem to be wonky (and have done the unplug, wait 20 sec. and replug routine a couple of times already).  In particular, while they (after plug/replug) do show on the Ignite Wifi App on my phone to be "Online", nothing is connected to either pod.  Checking the status, the "Connection Point" for both Pods now say "Unknown".  Previously, the connection point said "Gateway" (which makes sense that the Pod was connected to the Gateway).  How can it the Pod be shown online, but yet has an unknown connection point?  Is that why none of my devices are connected to either Pod?  Thank you in advance for any insight/advice/help!!

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ignite WiFi Pods Offline

Circus_boi
I plan to stick around

So at some point, things have 'fixed themselves', and the Pods are now connected to Gateway and devices are connected to Pods and Gateway as before.....fingers crossed.....

Fantaloop
I've been here awhile

I have two wifi pods installed - both have been offline for several days (at least 4 now). Gone through all the troubleshooting steps but still offline. Unable to remove pods to re-add. Is there firmware that needs to be updated? 

Circus_boi
I plan to stick around

For what it's worth, I rebooted the XB6 (i.e. unplugged, waited 20 sec. and plugged back in) and then I also unplugged the Pods.  I then waited for XB6 to load up and for wifi to work with my computer (connected to XB6/Gateway), then re-plugged in the Pods and ignored them and went back to work.  A couple of hours later I had a break and checked, and the Pods (miraculously) worked fine, re-connected to Gateway, and with the various devices in the Pod's vicinity re-connected to the Pods....

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation