cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet won't connect to sites such as amazon.ca and kijiji-mississauga

Corny01
I've been here awhile

Hello, I switched my services (this is about internet) this week to rogers from bell.  I am trying to open common websites such as amazon.ca and kijiji but receive a message that the site cannot be reached, says amazon.ca or kijiji took to long.  I called support last night, they did a reset (not sure the technical name), it initially did not work, then suddenly amazon came up.  I let the support go, thought it was fixed.  Signed out and back in and I am experiencing the same.  Trying again tonight and experiencing the same issue.  I am not using a proxy.  I can open ESPN, Toronto Sun and New York post to name a few...no issues.  In addition, when connected to my rogers wifi (same network) I cannot access amazon or kijiji from my phone or another computer in the house.  Hoping someone can help.

Thanks, John

***Added Labels***
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Home Internet won't connect to sites such as amazon.ca and kijiji-mississauga

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Corny01 are you using a router by any chance that you also used with your Bell services?  If so, I recommend a factory reset to wipe out any internal settings that the router used when connected to the HH2000 or HH3000. 

Do you have any DNS address that are hard set in the affected devices?

Re: Home Internet won't connect to sites such as amazon.ca and kijiji-mississauga

Corny01
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your response. I tested both amazon and kijiji this morning and could not get in.  I am using the router provided by Rogers.  I have nothing hard coded in the dns, I tried something as I saw a video that had someone enter 8888 8844.  That did not do anything and I removed.  I still have the Bell Router 2000...can I just connect that to rogers feed and test or is it more complicated than that?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation