cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron CODA 4582U: TP Link RE450 range extender won't connect

elong
I've been here awhile

Hi there,

We have a Hitron CODA4582 router and I've been trying to extend the wireless network to the back of our house using a TP-Link RE450 range extender. I have gone through the set up over and over again, reset the TP Link extender numerous times, and it is never able to connect to the router. We had the TP-Link set up with our previous router (also a Hitron) with no problem.

I spent hours on support with someone from TP-Link, with no success. Rogers customer support told me they can't help with this kind of issue.

I understand from searching online that this is a known issue that has to do with the Hitron Router and that it affects all different brands and models of range extenders. But I haven't found any solution.

I'm tearing my hair out, can someone help???!!!

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hitron CODA 4582U: TP Link RE450 range extender won't connect

RogersMoin

Hello, @elong.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Community is the right place to get help with standard or non-standard home networking setup!

Please provide us with more details on how you are configuring your RE450. Are you configuring it via wired connection or WiFi connection? The TP-Link support pages recommend configuring your RE450 via a wired connection. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

elong
I've been here awhile

I followed the instructions from TP-link-- many times. There were no instructions about configuring it via a wired connection, I tried wirelessly both through the web-based control panel and using the WPS buttons. I have looked everywhere for a solution and haven't found anything, but did find a lot of discussion about how this is a known problem with the Hitron CODA 4582.

Hello, @elong.

You can follow the instructions listed on TP-Link's support page to configure your RE450 via a wired connection. 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

nrahimtoola
I've been around

I have the same issue. My hitron modem was working fine with the repeater however 2 weeks back the modem started to drop internet intermittently. I called Rogers and they sent another modem. the internet problem was resoled but now the TP link RE-450 cannot connect to the modem. I asked Rogers technician to help, he said he has done everything he can do from his end. I called TP link and they insisted that there was some firewall issue with Rogers modem. I have tried to connect via WIFI, via wired CJ7 and via push button no success.  I took the repeater to my friends house he has a similar modem and there it connected without any issue.

RajR
I've been here awhile
I had the same problem with the extender, i had to buy another one just because of the lack of interest from rogers to fix this.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation