cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gems of War no longer accessible on Rogers Internet

Rillithain
I've been here awhile

I have a steam game I have been playing daily for years, Gems of War. Today, it now is giving me the error "Cannot resolve destination host" when trying to get into the game. I get this on both my pc and my mobile phone when it is on wifi. If I disable the wifi on my phone, i can get into the game fine, which leads me to believe it is the Rogers internet.   Since it works everywhere else, I don't feel it is the game maker that I should be contacting. Is there a place I can submit a support ticket or is calling the only option? I feel like that won't get very far to report one game not working... 

***EDITED LABELS***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Gems of War no longer accessible on Rogers Internet

charleshuang
I've been here awhile

We have the same issue, our company site hosted in US for over 3 years suddenly can't be accessed overnight (working last night till 12 and not working this morning).  But we can't access from bell network, only not from Rogers network.

We can access from bell network, but not from Rogers.

Rillithain
I've been here awhile

I tried going to Rogers Support - as expected they said not their issue since other games work.  A bit close minded in my opinion.  Routing issues are not all or nothing. 

Rillithain
I've been here awhile

FYI - Changing the DNS to googles public DNS entries allows the connection to go through fine.. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation