cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Down

mjn5440
I've been around

It seems like there a system wide issue with email accounts not working. Why is there no communication from Rogers visa the web site or twitter to let us know what’s going on?

***EDITED LABELS***

78 REPLIES 78

Re: Email Down

Sailorman
I plan to stick around

Any news when a fix is coming on this. As usual it's radio silence from Rogers on this problem.

fsplett666
I've been here awhile

My chat through CommunityHelps yesterday said that there are no updates on when they will have it fixed.  I got it fixed by them giving me a new password and resetting it on their end as the self help reset is what is not working right now. 

Schumi1978
I'm here a lot

Still not working as of Monday, March 13.  This is very frustrating as my parents are not savvy with using webmail and rely on MS Outlook and the Mail app on their phones.

BobcatRosie
I plan to stick around

Hello. Unfortunately, it seems that this email issue will not fix itself and you have to actually contact Rogers to get some help. It's too bad that they didn't inform anyone of that fact and just let us guess for ourselves. They will have to issue a temporary password for the email. I was able to get help by contacting them on twitter @rogershelps and other posters have had luck through  @CommunityHelps here. Also phoning is an option but that sometimes can be a long wait. Am not sure but maybe through the chat function might be an option. Good luck. Hope your parents get their email fixed soon. 

RRPELLET999
I've been around

Yes, there sure is and we have made around 5 calls to support.   Keep getting bounced back from residential to business support, then to customer service.   Very frustrating.    Eventually we got someone (not sure which department) who confirms a system-wide problem.   The rogersmembercentre is broken, so your App Password might stop working and it gives an error when you try to create another one.

The Rogers guy gave me one, but told me you could do the following:

The thing is, it HAS to be a secure password.   Too many people use simple passwords and the software doesn't accept them for email program security.   So many use passwords like   abc123  or   Password1  or Smith1 or something like that.   No good.

I recommend:

8 or more characters

Upper case letters

Lower case letters

Numbers

Special characters  !@#$%^&*()   (those kinda characters)

You can have fun with it:   MeetMe@12pls   (Meet me at 12 please)

or    I8Arock1nc     (I ate a rock once)

Once you have an ultra-secure password like that on your web mail account, use that same password in Outlook.

**I DID NOT TRY THAT, SO AM NOT SURE IF IT WORKS.  I JUST TOOK HIS WORD FOR IT**

Hope this helps someone, because you might get several Rogers people before you get one that actually knows how to get you going.

Have just put in a request again to one of the moderators; trying to link Outlook mail to Yahoo mail; not sure if this can be done now.  Will let forum know if at all successful.

Sailorman
I plan to stick around
I tried chat and they had to refer. But were helpful. Took about 15 minutes but they were able to reset the password and it’s working now.

Just heard back from moderator on my private message -- nothing can be done until Member Centre is up and working again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@db4tdy wrote:

...nothing can be done until Member Centre is up and working again.

I assume you're talking about getting an app password. People should be able to get a regular password for Webmail (Rogers/Yahoo e-mail via browser) in the various ways discussed previously in this thread.

Also, if Outlook (or other e-mail client) was working without an issue this past week, that method should continue to work.

All Rogers Support can help you with is creating a new password to be able to log into RogersMemberCentre or to use to access your email via Webmail.  I already went through this process yesterday.  Unfortunately, this is only one step of two steps required if you want to access your email through a phone app (ie. Gmail, iOS Mail) or using a client such as MS Outlook.  This requires the creation of an Authorized Application password in RogersMemberCentre to use as the password in your phone app or mail client.  Your RogersMemberCentre/Email password will NOT work with a phone app or mail client to access your Rogers email.  

Schumi1978
I'm here a lot

@57 wrote:

@db4tdy wrote:

...nothing can be done until Member Centre is up and working again.

I assume you're talking about getting an app password. People should be able to get a regular password for Webmail (Rogers/Yahoo e-mail via browser) in the various ways discussed previously in this thread.

Also, if Outlook (or other e-mail client) was working without an issue this past week, that method should continue to work.

Correct.  We have three email accounts on our main Rogers account.  This issue of app passwords having broken only impacted one of the three accounts; two have experienced no problems at all. 

Tiha
I've been around

I agree it is very difficult to be stay with Rogers

smarti2512
I've been here awhile

Hi, did you ever figure this out? I have gotten to the point that my phone can sign in but not my computer.

Has been since March 6; still no solution--am willing to try another chat with tech tomorrow, now having problems with my Ignite modem; being replace after less than 2 months--cannot connect to our smart TV

Seanaoneill13
I've been around

July 9th.  I STILL CANNOT GET IN from a PC!  What was the fix?

@Seanaoneill13 wrote:

July 9th.  I STILL CANNOT GET IN from a PC!  What was the fix?

What do you mean by that? Are you trying to use Outlook or Mail on your PC? Those will not work without the appropriate App Password and that function has been "down" since early in March and there is no ETA on a fix, although Rogers is supposedly working on it.  See additional information in the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/509872/highlight/true#M...

You should still be able to access your e-mails via Webmail in a browser, or via a phone or tablet, per the link above.

Topic Stats