cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 3 of outage in my neighbourhood

jonavin
I plan to stick around

I only have internet but my neighbour has phone and TV with Rogers. Everyone in the neighbourhood has been down since Friday afternoon. No status, no public acknowledgement. I’m surprised there isn’t a lot more posts, but maybe because their internet is down.

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Day 3 of outage in my neighbourhood

MeowSoft
I'm here a lot

After shutting down an entire country some months ago, and get away with it, with just a promise “it will never happen again”, so you really think, what Rogers gives a (they won’t let me say what, but you know) about some “neighborhood”?! lol
Merry Christmas!

jonavin
I plan to stick around

The twitter posts is trying go blame it on the storm and power outage. None of us have lost power. Everybody else using other services have had no issues.

Time to rethink options. If Bell isn’t just offering DSL in our neighbourhood like it’s last century. Wireless is a better option at this point.

What they don’t understand, by putting out tweets like that, blaming the weather or aliens, but never themselves, is what people will start to rethink about who should be their service provider - I mean do I really want my internet provider be the company, who’s entire infrastructure can be taking out by a snowflakes?!
Definitely switching to ANYTHING, but Rogers after the holidays. I had enough of the lies & outages.

sgaginer
I plan to stick around
Same I've gone in chat numerous times to be told something different each time, yesterday afternoon it would be on approx 6pm went to bed nothing, got up nothing, I'm friggin done!

sgaginer
I plan to stick around
Oh and I will add my home phone is working I thought it was all tied together, and also my mother in law lives about twenty feet from our house she has been back up and running since early afternoon yesterday was down about an hour that's it. She JUST upgraded about a month ago to ignite and has a newer modem though. I'm told oh she's on a different line than we are even though she's directly beside me? Then put me on her line then I say cause this one sucks ! #saltyinontarioonxmas

jonavin
I plan to stick around
Strange. My neighbour says his phone was down too. I don't have phone with Rogers. Not taking that risk.
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 in conversation