cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues on One Device

kaa
I've been around

I am unable to connect my desktop PC to the Internet. All other devices connect just fine. I have tried some of the suggestions found online but nothing works. Keeps telling me there is a problem with the access point.

Also if I have the tv on in the master and turn on the laptop, I have to restart the gateway every time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

*** Edited Labels *** 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Connection Issues on One Device

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kaa wrote:

I am unable to connect my desktop PC to the Internet. All other devices connect just fine. I have tried some of the suggestions found online but nothing works. Keeps telling me there is a problem with the access point.

Hi, @kaa !  Welcome to the Community!

How long have you had Ignite TV?  Where is your XB6 gateway located?  Are you using Pods to expand Wi-Fi coverage in your home?  Was Ignite TV installed by a Rogers tech or did you self-install?

What specific error are you getting when you try to connect to the network?  Has this computer ever been able to connect to Wi-Fi since Ignite TV got installed?  How old is it?  Are the network drivers up to date?  Is the computer shown on the list of devices in either the Ignite WiFi Hub web site or mobile app?  Is it blocked?  Have you tried to reposition or re-orient the computer or re-orient the WiFi antenna?  How far away is it from the XB6 gateway or the nearest Pod?

What equipment / Internet service did you have prior to Ignite TV and Internet?  Did replicate the Wi-Fi SSID/passphrase from your previous setup?  Did you ever have Wi-Fi problems in the past?

Did you use your own Wi-Fi router in your previous setup?  If so, is it still turned on?

Also if I have the tv on in the master and turn on the laptop, I have to restart the gateway every time.

That certainly does not sound good but why do you have to restart the gateway?  Does that set-top box completely lose Wi-Fi connectivity?  The laptop?  Both?   Everything?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kaa  FYI, looks like more and more people are reporting similar issues.  You might be interested in following this thread.

glenn5
I plan to stick around

Have your issue been resolved, I'm having similar problem, curious as to what you did to fix it

Thanks

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation