cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding both ROGERS and YAHOO accounts to Outlook 365 on Windows 10

PTHere
I'm here a lot

Let's give this a shot!

I am trying to create a new Outlook profile because I suspect my current profile might be corrupt.   I have been experiencing major problems with the Rogers email since April 2023 and am trying to get it working.

Easy enough to create the profile.  Now, starting to add my accounts.   I have about 10 accounts I need.

First, I added my Rogers email account,   I have MFA turned on and it seems to work.   Great.

Next, I try to add a YAHOO account and it will not work.   Outlook comes back during the add process and displays the Rogers Member Centre challenge forms to login.   HUH?    I know it is fundamentally the same system, but I cannot verify my Yahoo account.    I have even turned the 2FA OFF on the yahoo account.

Any ideas how to get around this and add the Yahoo account after the Rogers account?   WHy does the Rogers form appear for a Yahoo email addition?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Adding both ROGERS and YAHOO accounts to Outlook 365 on Windows 10

RogersMoin

Hello, @PTHere.

We're delighted you joined our Community, and thank you for your detailed post.

It's good to know that you can access your @rogers.com emails in Outlook 365. Let's figure out how to add your @yahoo.ca/com account to your Outlook.

As you observed, @rogers.com is provided by Yahoo, and trying to add a @yahoo.ca/com account triggers Rogers Member Centre authentication.

Let's try deleting the @rogers.com credentials stored in the Credential Manager:

• Open Control Panel
  • On the top right corner, under View by, switch to Small icons
  • Look for Credential Manager and open it
  • Under Windows Credentials >> Generic Credentials >> Look for @rogers.com entries

You may see multiple entries; try removing the IMAP entry first and attempt to add your @yahoo.ca/com account. If unsuccessful, remove all @rogers.com entries and add your @yahoo.ca/com account.

After adding your @yahoo.ca/com account, when you try accessing your @rogers.com email, you have to authenticate it through that Rogers Member Centre popup.

I hope the above steps help you add your @yahoo.ca/com email account to your Outlook 365. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PTHere
I'm here a lot

Thank your the prompt and detailed solution.  Unfortunately...It has not solved the problem.   I checked EVERY credential, and not one referred to Rogers.com Email.   I saw references to other email accounts, but nothing for Rogers or even Yahoo.

Could it be registry related?    I saw some 'interesting' entries regarding OAuth2 in the Identities section.

Any other ideas?     Thanks.

Hello, @PTHere

Thanks for the update; I appreciate you trying the steps. Let's not touch the registry, lest we break more than fixing. 😃

It's strange that you don't see any Rogers email-related entries in the Credential Manager. So, I'm not sure where Outlook saves the credentials. 

We can try the following:

• Remove the @rogers.com email by going into File/Account Settings in Outlook 365
  • Close Outlook
  • Clear your default browser's cache (I know it doesn't make sense, but let's try it)
  • Launch Outlook, add your Yahoo account

Hopefully, you get the Yahoo account-related authentication popup. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Nope!   Does not work.

Deleted the 3 Rogers Email accounts in Outlook (all IMAP).   

Deleted the associated OST files for all 3

Verified there is NOT 2FA on the Yahoo account I want to add.

Tried adding the Yahoo account to Outlook and still get the Rogers 'challenge' form to login and cannot add a simple Yahoo account.

To throw more information out there - I have even created a new Outlook profile and cannot add a Yahoo account.  Same problem occurs.

What is causing this behavior?   How can we control this?

PTHere
I'm here a lot

I've followed the suggestions and have not been able to solve this problem.   Personally, I suspect it is a registry issue.    How can I find out what controls the 'challenge' by Rogers when adding a Yahoo account?     Certainly I'm not the only one with this problem.

Ideas anyone?

Hello, @PTHere.

It's disappointing that none of the suggestions worked in adding your Yahoo email account to your Outlook 365.

Please connect with Yahoo support for further assistance: Help for your Yahoo Account.

Community: Please share how you added both Yahoo and Rogers email accounts to your Outlook 365.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

TS2020
I've been around

Nope, you are not alone.  For some reason, OAuth in Outlook seems to alwaaaaays default to a Rogers Web challenge and has no idea about the simple yahoo.ca account.  This is a nasty bug with the way Outlook is resolving OAuth lookup...and I can't seem to solve it.  I did all the same as you did above.  No go.

PTHere
I'm here a lot

Thank you for confirming that I was not dreaming!!    I still have not found a solution and I feel left "high and dry" by Rogers.    Of course, they claim it is not their problem and act as if we are the only 2 on the planet with this problem, which I find hard to believe.

Still looking for a solution on how to add both ROGERS and YAHOO accounts to Windows Desktop Outlook 365.

Good day,  

I had the same problem but managed to get it to work by creating the account manually.   I did add account in Outlook, then the Rogers page opened,  I closed it.  I then move back to Outlook and the option to add the account manually was visible, clicked it, selected imap,  selected recommended settings  I add to get an app password from yahoo, after it created the account

Hope it helps !

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 in conversation