Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing game from External IP

Rjdugas
I've been here awhile

Hello

I have a CGM4331COM modem.

This modem does not allow me to port forward but it has port triggers.

I am setting up an Arma # server and it uses Port 2302.

So I set up the port trigger to allow this port.

Also the AMP game server has a web page on port 8080. I cannot access that with my external address, BUT the modem has remote access management and I have it set to port 8082 and it can be access from the external address just fine.

Has anyone had any success in setting up a game server that others can access with this modem Version.

CGM4331COM

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Accessing game from External IP

RogersMoin

Hello, @Rjdugas.

Welcome to Rogers Community, and thank you for your post.

You can check our support portal for more info on port forwarding. However, operating/hosting a server on a residential service is prohibited. More info about this can be found in Rogers Terms of Service.

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Rjdugas
I've been here awhile

What I have is a Game Server dedicated to Arma3. It is no different than me hosting a Arma3 game from within my game. There will only be 2 or 3 friends connecting to it at any one time. It just allows them to connect to my game without me having to be playing as well.

I know how to use the port forwarding on ignite it just that it always errors out when I try to add a port. 

I have seen in some other post that this has happen to others as well and I don't know why Rogers has not fixed this yet. Also what about the people that dont have Cell phones. How are they suppose to be able to access these features?

Greetings @Rjdugas!

Is this a third party hosted dedicated server? Have you attempted yet to contact the third party that's providing you with this dedicated server for support? Do they have alternate ports that you can try instead?

If you're attempting to host a server from within your home at all times via your residential connection, that is not something that we directly support as per our Terms of Service.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation