cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Security Cameras Hardwired to XB8 Can’t Be Accessed by Mobile Data

Help-Now
I've been here awhile

My 3rd party security cameras are hard-wired to the Rogers modem.  They can be viewed from smart phone (using mobile data).  About 3 weeks ago, I upgraded the modem from XB7 to XB8.  Now I cannot view the security cameras anymore using mobile data.  But if my smart phone is connected to the home wifi, I can view the security cameras.  Is there any configuration needs to be done with the XB8 modem so I can view my security cameras via mobile data?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 3rd Party Security Cameras Hardwired to XB8 Can’t Be Accessed by Mobile Data

RogersTony

Hello, @Help-Now 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how frustrating it is to lose access to your cameras after switching from the XB7 to the XB8 modem. 

Can you confirm the security level of your firewall? If it is set too high it may be blocking some connections. You can check this by entering 10.0.0.1 into the URL bar on any web browser from a device that is connected to the modem via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The username to login will be Admin and the password will be your current Wi-Fi password. Once you are connected click on Firewall on the left menu and then IPV4. 

You may need to set the security level to low in order for your camera to work remotely.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Re: 3rd Party Security Cameras Hardwired to XB8 Can’t Be Accessed by Mobile Data

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor

When you change gateways, you need to setup the security cameras again like you did the first time with the previous modem.  If the IP cameras use a specific port for communication.  You can also open that port in the firewall, if needed.  

Help-Now
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply.  I did try with security level set to Low and even turning it off altogether, issue still persist. Looks like a compatibility issue with the XB8 modem and Ezviz cameras.

RogersMoin

Hello, @Help-Now.

I appreciate you trying the different firewall settings; please revert the firewall to the default settings. Have you explored the option of opening up the required port, as suggested by @LordDrakkon? You may also want to contact EZVIZ support on this issue. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation