cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stingray music

kickgoal1
I've been here awhile

I recently signed up for Rogers Ignite Total TV package. The installation went well and the technician asked me if I wanted basic internet naively I said yes. Installation went well TV channels worked. I was going through the channels and asked for Stingray Music and clicked on a channel message read requires high speed internet and Stingray is a third party app. According to the package Stingray is available to me at no charge. How can I access Stingray channels?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: stingray music

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a thread on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/More-Stingray-Music-Changes/m-p/505535#M16611

Most Stingray music "channels" are now available only through the Stingray app and not as individual channels (either on the IgniteTV Box, or via the app on a device like a phone or tablet,  or via their website).  If you have Stingray included as part of your particular package, this is how you receive them and they are no longer individual channels, although 1 or 2 may still be available that way as discussed in the link above.

You sign in using your Rogers credentials (username and password), although I don't recall if that's even required if you access Stingray via the IgniteTV box - you might simply be taken to the app, where you can then choose your channels.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

No sign in required for the Stingray App from with the Roger Ignite TV boxes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I see that I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my previous post.  I meant to say "Not sure about the first time you access Stingray on an IgniteTV box".  After that, you are taken directly to the app - no sign in required.

Something similar holds for the various devices, like phones or tablets, and website. After the first sign in, typically you do not need to sign in again because a "cookie" contains that information, although, that can become corrupt or expire with time, requiring a sign-in at a later date.

kickgoal1
I've been here awhile

Hi, apparently I bought the standalone package which prevents me from accessing Stingray Music package. I get two channels only. I supposedly need high speed internet to access it and yet they were willing to charge me $3.00 a month to get it knowing I have a standalone package. I have high speed internet from another provider, why should I bundle ignite internet and ignite tv at a greater cost?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kickgoal1 wrote:  I have high speed internet from another provider, why should I bundle ignite internet and ignite tv at a greater cost?

There may be reasons like more speed, or single payment, or something else when bundling.  Then again, there may be no benefit.  You can PM the mods on this forum to see if they have something better to offer than what you see on the normal Rogers website.

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps  .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link on the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

When logged into the forum, check the envelope icon at the top right of the screen for messages.  You would usually also receive an e-mail, but it may have ended up in your spam folder...

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation