cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube not working on Ignite Streaming

JBKing
I've been here awhile
Ever since I moved YouTube has not worked. All other apps work but YouTube. When I click YouTube a message pops up and says “give us a few minutes” it’s been saying that for 3 weeks. Does anyone know how to fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: YouTube not working on Ignite Streaming

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is weird.  Are you experiencing issues with YouTube on any other devices?  Do you have Advanced Security enabled on your Ignite Gateway?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is weird.  Are you experiencing issues with YouTube on any other devices?  Do you have Advanced Security enabled on your Ignite Gateway?

JBKing
I've been here awhile
No im not. I’m not sure how I do I check that?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JBKing wrote:
No im not. I’m not sure how I do I check that?

You enable/disable Advanced Security through the HomeConnect app.  (See the link in my previous post.)

Having Advanced Security enabled on the Gateway can cause sites and apps to break in unpredictable ways.

JBKing
I've been here awhile
I have it enabled. Still says “give us a few minutes we’re having trouble opening the app

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JBKing wrote:
I have it enabled. Still says “give us a few minutes we’re having trouble opening the app

The security features on the Gateway use DNS to make it appear that a blocked site is unreachable.  After disabling Advanced Security, you should reboot the gateway by pulling the power plug for 10 seconds.  You may need to reboot client devices (to purge the bogus DNS responses that the client device retains) or wait a period of time for the effects of Advanced Security to wear off.  (That is IF Advanced Security is what is causing the breakage.). For the Ignite set-top box, you may also need to wait for Rogers to push periodic updates to your device.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation