cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do IgnitenTV boxes show StackTV channels in the 900s?

wayner92
I'm a senior contributor

Maybe I misunderstand StackTV but I thought that it is a streaming service that gives you access to Canadian cable TV channels without requiring a cable TV subscription. 

But isn’t anyone with an Ignite TV box going to have a cable subscription and get these channels anyway?

I am not able to tune this channels as it says that I have to have a StackTV subscription. But I pay for the channels as part of my Ignite package and get them in a different channel range. 

Or am I missing something here?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why do IgnitenTV boxes show StackTV channels in the 900s?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 wrote:

Maybe I misunderstand StackTV but I thought that it is a streaming service that gives you access to Canadian cable TV channels without requiring a cable TV subscription. 

But isn’t anyone with an Ignite TV box going to have a cable subscription and get these channels anyway?

I am not able to tune this channels as it says that I have to have a StackTV subscription. But I pay for the channels as part of my Ignite package and get them in a different channel range. 

When Stack TV first became available through Rogers, I also was not entirely clear as to what its value proposition was.  I asked but never got a clear answer.

I then did some research on my own.  I never subscribed to Stack TV but when I was looking for old episodes of programs in the On Demand library, I found that non-Stack subscribers could only view episodes that aired in the past few days or weeks whereas Stack TV subscribers may be able to access an entire season for an extended period of time, and in some cases, entire past seasons as well.  As far as I know, the only way to deal with the different content rights that Stack TV offers is to have separate Stack TV channels.

Stack TV is also a cost-effective option for customers, with a limited number of Flex Channels, to get access to Corus programming and use their Flex Channel selections for other channels that they wish to subscribe to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Stack TV has nothing to do with linear cable subscription, they do not know if you have subscribed to those channels.  When you have Amazon Prime Video and subscribe to Stack TV, you are paying Amazon for those channels,   if your not paying amazon, you wont get them, that is how it works. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 wrote:

When Stack TV first became available through Rogers, I also was not entirely clear as to what its value proposition was.  I asked but never got a clear answer.

I then did some research on my own.  I never subscribed to Stack TV but when I was looking for old episodes of programs in the On Demand library, I found that non-Stack subscribers could only view episodes that aired in the past few days or weeks whereas Stack TV subscribers may be able to access an entire season for an extended period of time, and in some cases, entire past seasons as well.  As far as I know, the only way to deal with the different content rights that Stack TV offers is to have separate Stack TV channels.

Stack TV is also a cost-effective option for customers, with a limited number of Flex Channels, to get access to Corus programming and use their Flex Channel selections for other channels that they wish to subscribe to.

wayner92
I'm a senior contributor

Right, but why do they show up on my IgniteTV cable STB?  I realize that you can watch them through the Amazon Prime app, but why are they showing up as channels 940-958 on my Ignite TV box?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation