cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch Ignite TV at 2x Speed

Vorlaufer
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I would like to watch some saved videos at 2X speed rather than the normal speed.  Am I able to do this through the IgniteTV site on my PC, or even on the television using my remote?  I am able to do this on my DVD player.  I think they call it a Scan feature.

Thanks,

Dennis

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Watch Ignite TV at 2x Speed

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Vorlaufer wrote:

I would like to watch some saved videos at 2X speed rather than the normal speed.  Am I able to do this through the IgniteTV site on my PC, or even on the television using my remote?  I am able to do this on my DVD player.  I think they call it a Scan feature.

You can do this with the Ignite set-top boxes.  Each press of the FF or Rew button increases the speed.  You won't get any sound but you can still watch recorded content at higher speeds.

However, as far as I know, the Web player and Mobile apps do not offer any form of fast playback.  You can skip forward and backwards, and go to any arbitrary point in the program by dragging the "dot" on the player's progress bar, but I am not aware of any FF or Rew "button" function equivalent.

Re: Watch Ignite TV at 2x Speed

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I would love to have a feature like that too, to be able to watch recording and On Demand at 1.5x or 2.0x speed, similar to the way we can on YouTube.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation