cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with the ignite TV box

Strawberrys
I'm here a lot

My mom is having alot of problem with the ignite box tv and so do i the screen come all black and we cant go no where cant change tv its happen alot lately

***Edited Labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Trouble with the ignite TV box

RogersZia

Good evening @Strawberrys,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how inconvenient box issues must be, especially for your mom. Is the Internet service working fine? How long have you had these issues for and how often does the issue occur? Does rebooting the box fix the problem?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Strawberrys  If restarting the set-top box doesn't fix the problem, you might need to go one step farther and reset all of the Ignite TV components.

First, power-cycle the Ignite modem.  Unplug the power cord, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in again.  Wait for the status LED to turn solid white.  (This will reset the modem and network.)  Next, power cycle each Ignite set-top box.  (This will reset the set-top boxes and their network connection to the modem.)

It's important that the modem gets reset first, followed by the set-top boxes.

Me and my mom the internet works fine we reboot the box but is still do it pretty much all the time the tv screen gets all black and we cant change the channel and its freeze and we cant do anything and its pretty frustering

@Strawberrys wrote:
Me and my mom the internet works fine we reboot the box but is still do it pretty much all the time the tv screen gets all black and we cant change the channel and its freeze and we cant do anything and its pretty frustering

I presume that you have rebooted your modem as well as your set-top box but are still experiencing the same problems.

Regarding your channels freezing, this is not normal. On your set-top box, if you click the Rogers Menu button, then go to "Settings > Device Settings > Network" does it say that your WiFi signal strength is either good or excellent?

Do you have any other wireless devices very close to your modem or set-top box that could be causing interference?  Sound bars, especially those with wirelessly-connected speakers?  Cordless phones?  Bluetooth transmitters?  Baby monitors?  What other things do you have plugged into the same power bar as your set-top box?

It's also possible that interference could coming from your neighbours.  It's also possible that you could have a problem with your set-top box.  It's hard to offer more useful advice without more information about your installation.

If restarting all of your Ignite components (your modem, followed by your set-top boxes) hasn't fixed the problem, your set-top box's Wi-Fi connection is good, and you don't have any other sources of interference in your home, then you should contact Rogers for further assistance.  You can either call your Concierge, Tech Support, or send a private message to @CommunityHelps  for further assistance.

Best of luck in getting this issue resolved soon!

Kbeacham
I've been here awhile

My ignite box says it’s updating. It gets to 30 % and then my tv screen goes dark and nothing happens

Hello @Kbeacham,

We appreciate you joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 🙂

Thanks for letting us know about the TV box issue you are having. Has the service returned since your post? Are multiple boxes affected by the same issue? How often does this happen?

I would also recommend that you try the steps found in @-G-'s post #4 of this thread to see if this resolves your issue. To go directly to this post, please CLICK HERE

If after the workaround the issue still persists, please let us know. 

Thank you!

RogersLaura

tonyirwin
I've been here awhile

why would anyone sign up for Rogers? All they respond with is, unplug , wait and re-plug.....this intermittent service has been ongoing for past 2 weeks. I never had issues with Rogers cable....just ignite. Too tired fighting with Rogers.....takes 6-9 mins to navigate through phone prompts to finally connect to a human. Their service is terrible and really don't want to speak with their customers.

Hello @tonyirwin,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your posit.

Are you having issues with the Internet modem or strictly the TV box? Do you happen to have more than one box to confirm if the issue is occurring on just the one box?

If you do not want to wait on the phones for a long time, please visit the Contact Us page to learn more about how to get in touch with us for Ignite over chat. Once you're on the page, please select the Billing & Payments tab under I want to contact Rogers about...

The link to Ignite TV Billing & Payment Inquiries chat is the last one under the Chat & Social Media option. On the right side you can also view the contact numbers under Call or Text Us.

Alternatively you can also reach out to us 24/7 via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers.

Hope this helps :)!

RogersZia

An16
I've been around

I have three Ignite boxes and only 2 work. The one that doesn’t work is stuck on “welcome…connecting to your entertainment…..etc..”

ive rebooted everything….tested my WiFi strength and it is excellent.

any help?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@An16 wrote:

I have three Ignite boxes and only 2 work. The one that doesn’t work is stuck on “welcome…connecting to your entertainment…..etc..”

ive rebooted everything….tested my WiFi strength and it is excellent.

any help?

Welcome to the Community!  I would try replacing a working set-top box with that problematic one.  (Unplug all the cables from one box and then plug them into the other.)  If it still does not work, you can also try connecting it to the Ignite modem/gateway using an Ethernet cable.  If that still does not work, you will need to call Rogers for assistance.  If Rogers determines that your set-top box is defective, they might be able to dispatch a tech in your area to swap the box.  (and may even let you keep the "old" voice remote as a spare for your trouble.)

tonyirwin
I've been here awhile

my TV & internet drops EVERY day......lose about 5 mins before it comes back after re-booting. I am thankful we are getting VIBE in the next few months. Rogers service is terrible. and by the way, ever try to call them? Between all the prompts and "holds" it usually 8-12 mins to connect to a live person. That is not acceptable customer service.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 in conversation