cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker volume is now set to 45

akoroshi
I plan to stick around

Suddenly, an audio announcement on every change in volume control is loud and irritating

Turning off audio description DOES NOT work

Just started happening the last month. Every change to speaker volume increment is announced, loudly

Highly irritating

**Labels Added**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Speaker volume is now set to 45

RogersMaude

Good morning @akoroshi,

We appreciate you are letting us know of your opinion regarding the speaker volume situation.

Can you tell us more about the "audio announcement on every change in volume control" you received? 

To further assist you we would need to knore more on how that annoucement was made and what it impacts, more specifically.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

akoroshi
I plan to stick around
It means if I go up or down with the volume control on the remote every increment is announced. I go to 45 it says Speaker volume is set to 45. One push. Speaker volume is now set to 46. Etc. I turned off Audio description in the settings no change. It happened just suddenly in the last month. This needs to be fixed

akoroshi
I plan to stick around
This is the ignite box volume not the TV

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@akoroshi The Rogers remote controls the volume of the TV, not a volume in the IgniteTV box.

I had a look at all the settings in the IgniteTV box and could not find anything relating to speaker volume announcements - there are several settings there like guidance, etc, but none of them did what you say from what I could tell.

It is possible that your TV has this feature somehow enabled, although I've never encountered it in over 20 years of forum discussions. Check the audio settings in the TV itself, using the TV remote to ensure the TV is not doing this.

I assume that the IgniteTV box is directly connected to a TV via HDMI.  If this is not the case and there is another audio device involved, please advise. Also, please advise us of the Make/Model of your TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@akoroshi wrote: ... I go to 45 it says Speaker volume is set to 45. One push. Speaker volume is now set to 46. Etc. 

Since the TV "knows" what the speaker level is, say 45, 46, etc., I'm very sure this is a setting in the TV and not in the IgniteTV box (I can't see the IgniteTV box "knowing" what the TV's speaker level is). 

As I suggested earlier, look into the TV's settings for this feature. If you can't find it, put the TV's "make/model user manual"  into a web search engine and download the TV's user manual in pdf format.  You should then be able to search the manual for items related to "speaker volume" or similar terms.

One other way to check to see if it's the TV is to use the TV's remote control to set the volume.  If the TV remote invokes the "speaker volume announcement", then again, it's likely the TV and not the Rogers box.  Another thing to experiment with is to remove the HDMI cable and change the TV's volume.  This would eliminate any sort of HDMI-CEC communication between the box and the TV.

Could you please check the following settings for us @akoroshi?

Settings > Accessibility Settings > Voice Guidance: Off, Sound Cues: Off

Let me know if this resolves it! 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation