cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart TV Channel

Townie
I've been here awhile

Last week I was able to restart a few channels I normally watch.  Today, this option is gone.  What changed?

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Restart TV Channel

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Townie : I'm pretty sure this is programme-specific, not per channel.  If you look around at a variety of programmes and channels, you should be able to find some that have the restart feature.

For example, I can bring up CP24 in the guide and it has restart, while the programme on a different channel may not.  Bring up the guide and scan through some of the channels/programming and you'll see some programmes with the blue arrow and some that don't.

Sometimes some programmes may be available on-demand - for example, say the name of the programme and it may show as available OD.

Townie
I've been here awhile

But these channels were available to restart last week,  why not today?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

See: https://www.rogers.com/support/tv/how-to-restart-shows-on-ignite-tv

Edit: Despite what the link states, I've been able to FF some programming, up to the point where it catches up to live.

Townie
I've been here awhile

Still not  answering my question- if I could restart a show/channel last week,  why can't  the same show/channel restart today?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have found this to be the case on some programming. For example, I've seen some movies on the the Hollywood Suite channels that are available (to replay) at one time when I look for them in the future guide and I could watch them "now."  Then when I look a while later, the same movie is no longer available for replay.  By conjecture it may be that programming is available if someone has recorded that programme and it's therefor in the cloud available for viewing.

I can only suggest that if there is programming that you wish to watch, simply set a recording for it.  That way it's there for you in your recordings.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Townie wrote:

Still not  answering my question- if I could restart a show/channel last week,  why can't  the same show/channel restart today?

I have seen this happen from time to time.  Try restarting your set-top box -- full reset by pulling the power plug.  You should be able to restart again after the set-top box reboots.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation