cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Rogers and service ads from guide

jj59
I plan to stick around
Hi, recently I noticed that Rogers has started putting help tips and ads in the ignite TV guide? How do I disable this. It is annoying and I don’t want it.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Remove Rogers and service ads from guide

RogersZia

Good evening @jj59,

Do you by any chance have your guide set to "All Channels"? If you switch to the "Free to Me" option it should remove the tips and apps/ads.

You can press the guide button twice to toggle between different options. If you want to set one of the options as default, you can make the changes via Settings > General > Default Guide View > Change it from All Channels to Free To Me.

Please let us know if this worked for you!

RogersZia

jj59
I plan to stick around

That’s not really a solution now is it!? I appreciate the attempt but that’s like me saying if you put on sunglasses things will have a darker tint as opposed to making a real change. I have noticed Rogers continues to make these types of changes and I hope there is someone who is taking note and that this is undone.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
It's called captive audience. I see them as well and have found no way to remove them.

SWM2
I've been here awhile

Just wanted to add that I am extremely disappointed in this new "feature". Why on Earth would anyone at Rogers think that this is a needed or wanted feature? This needs to be removed immediately. 

SWM2
I've been here awhile

Any updates? 

jj59
I plan to stick around
No, they continue to display unwanted things. It sucks.

teicht
I've been here awhile

stop the ads! I pay good money for this service and I don’t want advertising 

Can you please advise how I can get rid of the Nordstrom ad that appeared at the side and bottom of my TV screen when watching channel 41?  Why on earth does Rogers think we want to watch additional commercials when watching a TV show ?  I've already turned off another feature that advertised Rogers products and now this?  Good grief, I just switched from Bell and am getting ready to switch back ... not a good thing to ad random ads to the side or bottom of the screen while a person is watching a show.  

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Rogers does not insert ads into TV channels. It is the channel itself that inserts on screen banner ads.
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 in conversation