cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Rogers and service ads from guide

jj59
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi, recently I noticed that Rogers has started putting help tips and ads in the ignite TV guide? How do I disable this. It is annoying and I don’t want it.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Remove Rogers and service ads from guide

RogersZia

Good evening @jj59,

Do you by any chance have your guide set to "All Channels"? If you switch to the "Free to Me" option it should remove the tips and apps/ads.

You can press the guide button twice to toggle between different options. If you want to set one of the options as default, you can make the changes via Settings > General > Default Guide View > Change it from All Channels to Free To Me.

Please let us know if this worked for you!

RogersZia

jj59
I Plan to Stick Around

That’s not really a solution now is it!? I appreciate the attempt but that’s like me saying if you put on sunglasses things will have a darker tint as opposed to making a real change. I have noticed Rogers continues to make these types of changes and I hope there is someone who is taking note and that this is undone.

Biollw
I'm an Advisor
It's called captive audience. I see them as well and have found no way to remove them.

SWM2
I've Been Here Awhile

Just wanted to add that I am extremely disappointed in this new "feature". Why on Earth would anyone at Rogers think that this is a needed or wanted feature? This needs to be removed immediately. 

SWM2
I've Been Here Awhile

Any updates? 

jj59
I Plan to Stick Around
No, they continue to display unwanted things. It sucks.

teicht
I've Been Here Awhile

stop the ads! I pay good money for this service and I don’t want advertising 

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 in conversation