cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded on Ignite App but Can't Watch on TV

Gibby19
I've been here awhile

If I set a recording on the ignite app I can see (and watch)  the recording in the app but the recording doesn't show on my TV?  Am I missing something or is that a known problem.   Also, after the recordingis complete,  the percentage of cloud pvr used shows higher in the app than on the TV - which makes sense I guess if the recording is only on the app.  Does that mean I have two different cloud pvrs and therefore double the storage? 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Recorded on Ignite App but Can't Watch on TV

RogersJermaine

Hi @Gibby19,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for starting the conversation on this topic. We can certainly investigate and provide you with additional information.

To clarify, from the Ignite TV app, are you downloading the recordings to view on your mobile device? If so, when you download a program to your device, it is checked out and cannot be viewed on other devices until it is returned (checked in). This includes set-top boxes in your home.

Once it is returned, you will be able to remove it from the device, making it available to watch on your TV or download to another device.

I do hope that information helps, or if you can let us know some more details.

Thank you,

RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Recorded on Ignite App but Can't Watch on TV

RogersJermaine

Hi @Gibby19,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for starting the conversation on this topic. We can certainly investigate and provide you with additional information.

To clarify, from the Ignite TV app, are you downloading the recordings to view on your mobile device? If so, when you download a program to your device, it is checked out and cannot be viewed on other devices until it is returned (checked in). This includes set-top boxes in your home.

Once it is returned, you will be able to remove it from the device, making it available to watch on your TV or download to another device.

I do hope that information helps, or if you can let us know some more details.

Thank you,

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation