cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local radio stations

Jamiesmith30
I've been around

I'm getting ignite put in next week and I need to know if I can get local radio stations. I know it doesn't come with the TV stations but is there anyway you can download an app like TuneIn what's something I can get radio stations on. Thanks

***Added Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Local radio stations

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Jamiesmith30!

Welcome to the community!

We're excited for you to get Ignite TV installed next week and certainly hope you enjoy it! At this time however TuneIn is not an available app within Ignite TV, nor would there be a local radio station app available at this time. We can certainly pass this on to our product team though to show there's interest!

@RogersAndy

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersAndy wrote:

TuneIn is not an available app within Ignite TV, nor would there be a local radio station app available at this time. We can certainly pass this on to our product team though to show there's interest!

iHeartRadio already has an X1 app and Xfinity offers some other Music apps as well, so there is at least one option that might be a possibility in the near-term.

porto1967
I've been around
I am also facing the same issue except I did not look into this ahead of time or i would have reconsidered ignite TV. I am hoping an update will come to bring back the local radio stations.

Many thanks!
Cliff

Jamiesmith1976
I plan to stick around
If you have an Amazon fire stick you can download the radio station app. That works great.

J-Ashenhurst
I've been here awhile
same! i just discovered this after i switched and i'm pretty upset as i used that feature all the time. there are a lot of aspects to ignite that i definitely dont like, but once you switch, rogers insists you can't switch back to digital cable, which is infuriating.

pef
I've been around

I too am unhappy that the radio stations are no longer available.  I missed that they were not there.  Now looking for ways to get radio stations easily to my current stereo set up without installing a tuner.  Very disappointed.  

kerrchap
I've been here awhile

I miss having the local radio stations on my TV from my previous Rogers vip package.  I thought I was missing something when I couldn't find the channels.  Thank you for confirming not a part of Rogers Ignite.  Please do consider adding it back for Ignite.  

User2225676
I plan to stick around

I too just realized that I lost my LOCAL Radio Stations as well, I especially miss 680 NEWS with the TRAFFIC REPORT every 10 min. I also wish that I never GAVE UP my Digital Box, it seams that rogers FORGOT TO PUT IN ALL the OLD FEATURES from Digital, as well as all my other BEEFS. I guess this is what they call PROGRESS! 

Linuxguru
I plan to stick around

I am fortunate when i switched to ignite to have a Roku TV so the MyTuner app lets me have station around the world including local

pattiopdam
I've been around

I wish we would have know this sooner that we would loose the radio channels when we switched to ignite. 

lyly
I've been around

This is something Rogers should mention when they encourage people to switch. I have speakers all around the house because I was using my Rogers as my Radio...I really miss it, especially in the morning ☹️

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, they only tell you the Pros of switching to Ignite, but they will never tell you the features you will give up by migrating from one system to another.

People also don't ask what features will I be losing or giving up, so as a consumer, you have the right to ask.

Their internal knowledge base should compare the different features between digital cable tv and ignite tv.  i mean if they are trying to migrate customers, they should have a list to compare, no? so you should easily be able to find out what features will be going away by migrating? im sure its more than just tv call display, radio stations and stingray music channels, but what else are we losing by migrating? can someone share?

algae
I've been here awhile
I was also upset but went ro YOU TUBE and put in my favorite station and now play it on my TV
It works great even with video and you get to see the DJ

Haggardtechno
I've been around
Just keeping this post alive years later.. Can we get radio stations back please. Bell Aliant had this feature, and I miss it.
Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 15 in conversation