Local radio stations

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Local radio stations

I'm getting ignite put in next week and I need to know if I can get local radio stations. I know it doesn't come with the TV stations but is there anyway you can download an app like TuneIn what's something I can get radio stations on. Thanks

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Local radio stations

Hey @Jamiesmith30!

Welcome to the community!

We're excited for you to get Ignite TV installed next week and certainly hope you enjoy it! At this time however TuneIn is not an available app within Ignite TV, nor would there be a local radio station app available at this time. We can certainly pass this on to our product team though to show there's interest!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersAndy wrote:

TuneIn is not an available app within Ignite TV, nor would there be a local radio station app available at this time. We can certainly pass this on to our product team though to show there's interest!

iHeartRadio already has an X1 app and Xfinity offers some other Music apps as well, so there is at least one option that might be a possibility in the near-term.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am also facing the same issue except I did not look into this ahead of time or i would have reconsidered ignite TV. I am hoping an update will come to bring back the local radio stations.

Many thanks!
Cliff
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you have an Amazon fire stick you can download the radio station app. That works great.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

same! i just discovered this after i switched and i'm pretty upset as i used that feature all the time. there are a lot of aspects to ignite that i definitely dont like, but once you switch, rogers insists you can't switch back to digital cable, which is infuriating.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I too am unhappy that the radio stations are no longer available.  I missed that they were not there.  Now looking for ways to get radio stations easily to my current stereo set up without installing a tuner.  Very disappointed.