cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime time and Stingray

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

When we signed up to Ignite Flex 10 after July 2021 the choice to receive the Prime Time package $3 a month U.S. channels ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX,and PBS from Buffalo and the Stingray music ( called Stingray Plus) $3 a month approximately 45 channels. Early in 2023 we found the Stingray APP in the app section on Ignite. After calling  Rogers to get an explanation ( they were no help whatsoever) I sent a email to Stingray they sent back the explanation that their music channels were now available to Ignite via their app and included. Stingray suggested to cancel our Stingray subscription of $3 with Rogers Ignite and use their app on Ignite. Which we did saving $3 a month instead of our subscription of Stingray Plus.

My question is has this happened also to the Prime Time Pack $3 a month after Rogers has discontinued the Flex Platforms Starter, 5, 10 and 20 with Sports to new customers as of November 6, 2023, but existing customers can maintain their excising Flex Package choice.

After looking through a lot of posts regarding the Prime Time package, a lot of posts by subscribers have mentioned that they didn’t have the Prime Time Package $3 a month extra prior in their Flex package - Starter, Flex 5, 10 and 20 + Sports prior to November 6, 2023 now receive those U.S. stations  4+1 and are included.

Piping the Flex platform 

After a callback from the Roger’s Office of the President yesterday all they wanted to do was to sell or move me over to the new “ Popular” or “Total” package which are expensive and would include the U.S. Buffalo channels, but also a lot of unwanted channels.

So by reading other members posts that are still part of the Flex platform and are now receiving the U.S. channels ( Prime Time) after the November 6, 2023 and Roger’s rejigging of channels and dropping the Flex platform to new customers and introducing the Starter, Popular and Total Packages where the Prime Time channels are included.

As with Stingray situation I dropped the Stingray Plus $3 a month package use the app on Ignite TV , but also use the Stingray app on our mobile devices. And save $3 a month.

So by reading other comments that have different Flex packages can I drop the Prime Time Pack saving $3 a month and now get the U.S. channels included with our Flex 10 package

Very confused

*Added Labels*

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Prime time and Stingray

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

Somebody called in April and asked me to do the same thing you are asking - IOS Apple IPad and our Windows desktop. Then shortly after that they unlinked MyRogers account then relinked it again. In February we had the Canadian timeshift package and the U.S. timeshift package both those icons showed after the service was added under “You Have the Following”. We cancelled those after a call from Office of the President about our Flex 10 package which has been taken care off. 
Those two Timeshift packages were removed later that day and was sent email showing that had been done with confirmation# and the two icons were removed.

It is odd that this worked the way it should. Yes maybe a glitch???

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation