cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Magic remote with Ignite box

bibz2
I've been around

Hi,

Wanted to know if there was a way to control the rogers ignite box with LG Magic remote. I was able to connect the netbox but just switched to ignite.

Here is the thread on the digital cable box

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/How-do-I-control-my-4K-Netbox-with-my-LG-Magic-Remote/m-p/4...

Thank you

Bob

*Added Labels*

7 REPLIES 7

Re: LG Magic remote with Ignite box

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bibz2  You can try looking for codes for a "Comcast Xfinity X1" set-top box.

The IR receiver on the Xi6 set-top box is very directional.  If you think that you found what should be the right codeset but they don't seem to work, try pointing your LG remote directly at the Ignite STB.

PL1957
I've been around

I don't see Comcast Xfinity X1 or Xi6 or anything resembling that.\Any other clues?

Roselawn1
I've been around

I am also having issues controlling Ignite with my LG Magic Remote from CX65 TV. I have tried changing to Xfinity and Comcast with no luck at all. 

The4Dees
I've been here awhile

I have an LG OLED55CX with Magic Remote.  When I try to go through the Universal Remove setup and set my location "Ignite TV" is an option in the list of services.  But if I choose that on the last screen for the remote setup I just get a "A temporary issue has occurred. Please try again later".  No problems with Internet connectivity. TV has full access to the internet with no ports being blocked.

I'm trying to get a definitive answer on this as I see some threads that say it doesn't work, some say it does and others say it does except for the guide button.

Can the Magic Remote control the Xi6-A Ignite box?

Rjobeid
I've been here awhile
Xfinitt and Comcast don't exist on my LG 65uk6300bub. Anyone have any other manufacturers that might share codes with the Rogers Ignite box. It's the Technicolor TX061AEI model.

Select Xfinity as the Vendor. (Go to Show More  in the list and type in Xfinity).  Works pretty good. If you get it installed, press the key pad "...." and a side menu appears that the magic remote can access. Selection for the Ignite listing is available, up and down keys work as does the scroll button for channel changing.

The4Dees
I've been here awhile

I've set the Universal Remote Control setting to Xfinity for the HDMI input my Ignite box is on but the Magic Remote still doesn't control it.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation