cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Tower Modem electrical connection

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

I used the online support chat to inquire about exchanging my Gen 1 WiFi Pods for Gen 2. Unfortunately the cost is $5/m, no thanks. The agent then asked if the Tower modem was plugged into a wall socket or powerbar. He went on to say something that I had never heard before.

If modem (tower unit) can be connected to one of the two original wallsockets for electricity, it would ensure uninterrupted power, which is directly helpful in maintaining a steady and wide-reaching signal inside the house in fuller strength. This is not the case when they are being connected to powerbars and surge protectors; sooner or later, it would start following that unit's power recycling pattern and signal follows the same unsteady loop.

Has anyone been able to measure of observe a difference?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Tower Modem electrical connection

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Basically, what Rogers is trying to do here is eliminate any unnecessary external devices that may have an impact on power or signal.  It's rare that a power bar or UPS has a significant effect, but it can happen.  This is especially true of inexpensive power bars regarding good electricity as well as connecting the RF-coax cable through a power bar or UPS, which is never recommended as a loss of signal strength can result or even some interference.

This is one of the first items that a CSR may say from his script. They are just trying to rule out issues.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite Tower Modem electrical connection

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Basically, what Rogers is trying to do here is eliminate any unnecessary external devices that may have an impact on power or signal.  It's rare that a power bar or UPS has a significant effect, but it can happen.  This is especially true of inexpensive power bars regarding good electricity as well as connecting the RF-coax cable through a power bar or UPS, which is never recommended as a loss of signal strength can result or even some interference.

This is one of the first items that a CSR may say from his script. They are just trying to rule out issues.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation