Ignite TV clients

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ignite TV clients

When you are on Ignite TV do you have to use a Rogers TV device as a client at each TV in your house, or are there Ignite TV client apps for devices like Roku, Fire TV, AndroidTV, Xbox One, and TV OSes like Samsung, LG, etc?

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV clients

@wayner92 wrote:

When you are on Ignite TV do you have to use a Rogers TV device as a client at each TV in your house, 

Yes.

@wayner92 wrote:

..are there Ignite TV client apps for devices like Roku, Fire TV, AndroidTV, Xbox One, and TV OSes like Samsung, LG, etc?

No.

I'm a Senior Advisor

At $8/month per box above the first one....

Does Xfinity offer this service?  It looks like there is at least an Xfinity beta app to do this, see:  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-Xfinity-Stream-on-Roku-and-how-does-it-work/ta-p/2...

Isn't Rogers Ignite just rebranded Comcast Xfinity?

Or does Rogers just want to make a revenue stream from renting boxes, even if it is inconvenient to customers?

And here is more on Comcast's strategy in this area: https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo...

By the end of 2018, roughly two-thirds of the smart TVs on the market will be able to stream TV from Comcast natively, without forcing you to futz with multiple inputs and multiple remotes to manage your TV, cable box, and streaming device.

Comcast is moving beyond the box and porting the user interface for its elegant, intuitive Xfinity X1 set-top box brick by digital brick to four of the leading smart TV operating systems. The X1 interface is already available in beta for Roku TV smart TVs (from TCL, Hisense, and others) and Roku streaming devices as well as some Samsung smart TVs. The company has announced plans to launch in beta on Sony and LG smart TVs before the end of 2018.

“Smart TVs are absolutely part of our strategy and our vision,” says Comcast’s Xfinity Services chief Matthew Strauss. “When you look at the video landscape today, there are more choices than have ever been available before at the touch of a remote. It’s a good time to be alive if you like television.”

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At some point in the future you may be able to do what you want, but it's not available at this time with Rogers, hence the previous answer.