cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR Control with a XI6-T Ignite

mvanner
I've been here awhile

Hi

I have a new Ignite XI6-T box replacing a defective XI6-A and have been unable to get the new box to work with an IR repeater from my Control-4 automation system. The old box worked fine with IR. I've tried moving the IR repeater around the front panel of the box but it does not respond. The IR has a blinker so I know it is working and the box works with supplied XR15v2 remote (but that is not IR but RF). From what I can tell from internet searches is that the command codes for the -T are the same as the -A. Anyone else tried IR (e.g. Harmony) with this box and had success? Or used a XR15 remote with a -A?

Thanks.

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: IR Control with a XI6-T Ignite

RogersMoin

Hello, @mvanner.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our Community! 

I don't remember another member of our Community using the IR repeater from the Control-4 automation system. However, there are quite a few members who use Harmony remote. 

There are many threads on this topic; you can begin with "Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)". A simple search for Harmony shall yield many more threads. 

Please keep us posted so other Harmony users can help. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The location of the IR "eye" on the box may be slightly different on the T vs the A?  Have a close look at the box and make sure you've got your repeater close to that "eye".  There's no reason it shouldn't work.  Some people place the repeater on top of the box?

mvanner
I've been here awhile

I suspect that it is a problem with IR emitter I am using as I tested the IR with the remote and it worked fine. I've had the Control4 Pro change from IR to IP and everything works (except the "Rogers" button to access the menu but that's being researched). 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mvanner wrote:

I suspect that it is a problem with IR emitter I am using as I tested the IR with the remote and it worked fine. I've had the Control4 Pro change from IR to IP and everything works (except the "Rogers" button to access the menu but that's being researched). 

You were able to get IP control enabled on the Ignite STB?  (presumably, using the instructions here?)  If so, it's good to hear that this is possible now.  Presumably, they have an "Xfinity" button defined, which should allow you to access the menu.

mvanner
I've been here awhile

The Xfinity button is the Menu button on the Neeo remote or the iOS app. It did lose connectivity once, but it seemed to have come back with a power off/power on of the box. Didn't want to reply too quickly as I wasn't sure it was going to keep working. I'm using a fixed IP address for the box and all other Control4 IP controlled devices.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation