cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Audio Receiver (IR) in another room with the Ignite TV Remote

Phil627
I'm here a lot

I am getting Ignite TV and would like to control audio volume using Rogers Ignite TV remote using an Audio Receiver that is physically in another room.  The receiver is IR.

What are my options?  Is there an RF to IR gateway that I can place with Audio Receiver that will work with the Rogers remote?  

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to control Audio Receiver (IR) in another room with the Ignite TV Remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Ignite Remote sends out RF only for the STB. It sends IR for the TV or AVR (Audio Video Receiver).  You can purchase an IR extender or IR blaster. Search the web for these terms and you'll find lots of options. You place the "eye" of the extender or blaster so that the Ignite remote has a clear view of it and route the cable from the eye to the front of the AVR where the AVR's IR receiver (eye) is, or place the blaster near the front of the AVR where the eye of the AVR is.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to control Audio Receiver (IR) in another room with the Ignite TV Remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Ignite Remote sends out RF only for the STB. It sends IR for the TV or AVR (Audio Video Receiver).  You can purchase an IR extender or IR blaster. Search the web for these terms and you'll find lots of options. You place the "eye" of the extender or blaster so that the Ignite remote has a clear view of it and route the cable from the eye to the front of the AVR where the AVR's IR receiver (eye) is, or place the blaster near the front of the AVR where the eye of the AVR is.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation