cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost in the machine

emveepee
I plan to stick around

Everyday at 10:30pm exactly my Rogers XiOne box starts to plays Sports Channel no matter what I am watching.  If I am watching an OTT service on another box,  my tuner input changes to the XiOne input.  I checked and nothing is scheduled on the box or in my Harmony Hub and was wondering where this might be configured.  It doesn't seem to matter how long I am watching or not watching.

Any ideas?  It is really quite annoying.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ghost in the machine

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@emveepee wrote:

...my tuner input changes to the XiOne input.  I checked and nothing is scheduled on the box or in my Harmony Hub and was wondering where this might be configured.  It doesn't seem to matter how long I am watching or not watching.

Do you mean the TV switches to the HDMI input for the Rogers box when you are watching another TV input at the time?  Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled on the box and on the TV?  If so, disabling HDMI-CEC in the TV settings and in the Rogers box (or in the Rogers box only), should eliminate the TV switching inputs on you.

It is however weird that something is coming on automatically on the Rogers box. There are options to set up a "reminder", but they usually don't switch to a channel without a confirmation.  Check for reminders in the Rogers box.  Rogers - Saved - Scheduled - Down arrow - Up Arrow - Click View Recordings - Scroll to Select Reminders.  If there's anything there, select and delete.

Check through all the settings for the Harmony when connected to a computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@emveepee wrote:

...my tuner input changes to the XiOne input.  I checked and nothing is scheduled on the box or in my Harmony Hub and was wondering where this might be configured.  It doesn't seem to matter how long I am watching or not watching.

Do you mean the TV switches to the HDMI input for the Rogers box when you are watching another TV input at the time?  Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled on the box and on the TV?  If so, disabling HDMI-CEC in the TV settings and in the Rogers box (or in the Rogers box only), should eliminate the TV switching inputs on you.

It is however weird that something is coming on automatically on the Rogers box. There are options to set up a "reminder", but they usually don't switch to a channel without a confirmation.  Check for reminders in the Rogers box.  Rogers - Saved - Scheduled - Down arrow - Up Arrow - Click View Recordings - Scroll to Select Reminders.  If there's anything there, select and delete.

Check through all the settings for the Harmony when connected to a computer.

emveepee
I plan to stick around

Thanks, I disabled CEC but I have no reminders and the Harmony Hub has no scheduling enabled.  I will see how that works out.

emveepee
I plan to stick around

I haven't seen this happen after turning off CEC so it must be somehow related. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation