cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox channel not available

jondoe2
I plan to stick around

since yesterday, Fox (ch 28 in my area) shows "The broadcaster is currently experiencing technical difficulties"

All tech support want to do is reset my stbs which achieves nothing

***EDITED LABELS***

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Fox channel not available

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tell the tech support guy to tune the Lab TV in their office to that channel and see the message for himself.  Resetting your STB will not fix it, it appears that error is coming from master control.  Anyone with half a brain will understand this.  Even my parents TV got the same message on that channel, they dont bother calling rogers because they know the agents on the phone cant fix this issue.

IainGleMhor
I'm here a lot

You're not alone; exact same issue here; I'm in Toronto

PGS1
I'm here a lot
This is absolutely ridiculous! This is the way they took away the Paramount Netwerk as well… Now we’re not gonna get fox as part of our package are you kidding me?!

PGS1
I'm here a lot
It appears as if they are taking Fox Netwerk off there available channels… The same as they did with the power mount net work previously… This is unacceptable I am complaining to the CRTC

t4103gf
I've been around
It has been over 24 hours now without Fox. I expect compensation from Rogers for this outage.

PGS1
I'm here a lot
It appears they are dropping the fox net work just like they drop the Paramount Network … Don’t expect a discount on your bill… They just arbitrarily drop whatever they feel… Despite CRTC rules to the contrary

It appears that Rogers has decided to drop fox net work from their channel lineup… Just like they did to the Paramount Network a few months ago… I am really sick of Rogers

PGS1
I'm here a lot

Good luck with that… Despite CRTC rules they simply drop the Paramount Network without providing any compensation for subscribers… Now it appears they are doing the same with the fox network

jondoe2
I plan to stick around

If Fox is being dropped, then the message being displayed is deliberately misleading, as it is not a technical issue at all.

My WUTV is now back; must have just taken Rogers that long to sort out (notice?) the issue! Service excellence! I had an outage a few months back and the agent wasn't interested in helping me, so she told me that I needed to call my TV manufacturer for assistance, which made absolutely no sense at all. It turned out that neither my TV nor myself were the problem; it was the Rogers equipment!

jondoe2
I plan to stick around

Maybe they are practicing for the next outage, and fox was the selected channel. I can't believe Fox themselves has been out for 24 hours. The US news would have said something.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Digital Home site mentioned that the WUTV Fox signal was down, and then later linked the Wutv facebook page that mentioned it had a critical cooling component fail. So they had to order replacement parts.
You can read the long apology on WUTV's Facebook page. It also affected their sister station.

TAC61
I've been around
To All our loyal WUTV / WNYO Viewers:
We thank you for your inquiries regarding our stations.

On Wednesday October 26th at 1:41pm a critical cooling component on our transmitter failed which required it to be shut down. The materials needed to fix this unexpected issue have been ordered and are currently in transit.

This failure did not affect the fibers that deliver our programming on Spectrum or Fios but all 'over-the-air', satellite and Canadian viewers are experiencing the disruption.

Please note we are working as quickly as possible to bring the transmitter back up so you can enjoy your favorite shows on our two stations.

If you would like to see any FOX prime shows that were missed due to this outage, please download the free FOXNOW app. Yesterday’s Masked Singer and LEGO Masters are available for viewing.

We thank you for your continued patience during this unfortunate technical issue.

off air again!

mebe
Yes, it had to be shut down again because they were probably running low on icecubes, and most people are sleeping now anyway.
It's expected back later today (according to Facebook Kelly ... probably also makes the icecubes), but I'm in no hurry because the technical difficulties screen has an odd-looking structure moving around at the bottom of the screen that seems to be trying to communicate with me. I'm muting the background music because I need to concentrate. 🍺🍻🍷🍸🍹

WNYO, channel 182 is showing the same message. It's not working either.

It's down again here.

It is a technical issue at the source. It's nothing to do with Roger's. WUTV has a problem with their transmitter. It's also shut down WNYO channel 182. They're waiting for parts to fix the problem. 

still (again?) down/please stand by; if they're waiting for these parts, how did they get things up an running last night? not a Rogers issue, apparently a Mickey Mouse broadcaster issue! what's the point in being a TV station if you can't transmit your product? Spare parts all received "just in time" from China instead of being sourced or at least stored domestically?

mebe
WNYO is the sister station owned by the same company, broadcasting from the same tower, thus the same problem.
The good news is that the materials needed have arrived at the tower, so that they expect to be up and running by later this afternoon. If not, it will at least give me more time to figure out what that tech difficulties object is trying to tell me.
Topic Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 in conversation