cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access TSN or Sportsnet online

Belau
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I have the Flex 20+sports package.  Don't have any issue accessing all the TSN or Sportsnet channels on my TV or ignite website/app.  However, when I login to TSN or SN app/website, it indicates that my subscription is expired or Not subscribed.  I have raised this issue several times with Live Chat but those tickets have all closed without resolution or anybody reaching out.

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot access TSN or Sportsnet online

I was going to call them on my iPhone however I got a prompt to do live chat via IMessage which I did. From there I told them when I log on to any broadcasters apps (TSN, Global etc) with my rogers account I was getting a channel not subscribed error. They refreshed my profile and it fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

RogersRahul

Hello @Belau,

I can understand how inconvenient it is to not be able to watch Sportsnet online. We'd be more than happy to help you and investigate this further. To ensure that we get this resolved for you I'd like to ask you a couple of quick questions:

1. To confirm, you are going to sportsnet.ca and attempting to watch live TV?
  2. Are you using the same email address as MyRogers login?
  3. What device are you using?
  4. Is the issue happening on multiple browsers?
  5. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies from the browser?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

Belau
I've been here awhile
  1. To confirm, you are going to sportsnet.ca and attempting to watch live TV? Yes, logged in using Rogers credentials
  2. Are you using the same email address as MyRogers login? Yes
  3. What device are you using? Multiple devices.  Laptop.  iPhone, Android phone.  Nothing works.
  4. Is the issue happening on multiple browsers?  Yes, Safari, Chrome.
  5. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies from the browser?  Yes I have.

Hello, @Belau.

Thank you so much for providing us with the additional info. It seems the TV Go apps can’t see your subscription. We can further look into it for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

SBrowne
I plan to stick around

Having the same issue. I spoke with a rep and they said that sportsnet now doesn't work with rogers anymore. They were also baffled as they are both owned by rogers! Just another paywall. What bugs me is you can buy TV elsewhere and the sports packages function as intended and you can log into sports net. I was told you can view the channels on ignite tv, but the quality is just terrible and is in SD. This has gone down hill.

Hello, @SBrowne 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I understand your frustrations with not being able to access the Sportsnet channel online and how inconvient this can be.

I see that you are already speaking to us in PM. Please reach back out to us there and we can continue the conversation. 

Regards,

RogersJermaine

I am wondering if I am still able to live stream Sportsnet and TSN from their own websites. I am unable to do so as I have just upgraded to Rogers Ignite. Also, should I still be able to access the TSN DOC collection? As of now I am unable to do so. Strange how Sportsnet being owned by ROGERS and not being able to access this is a bit odd.

SBrowne
I plan to stick around

OMG this took nearly a month for them to figure out for me. Don't let them tell you this is by design as that is false. After a dozen or so reps telling me all sorts of excuses I gave up. One eventually called me out of the blue and resolved it by pestering the techs above her. Those techs they escalate issues to would close issues without calling and would not read anything. Anyways, feel free to pass my profile along if they are able to search those issues on my account I have no idea, but otherwise I'm not sure how to help you. I feel bad for you. It cost me so many hours I lost track! Good luck!!

Jack1245
I'm here a lot

Have this same issue, have TSN / Sportsnet channel subscription but when I log on to the TSN / Sportsnet websites or their mobile apps it is successful logging in but says that I am not subscribed to the channels.  Seems like a backend Rogers issue with my account.  Please help!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

does your MyRogers online profile linked to your ignite TV account number or was it linked to your    older legacy digital tv account number? 

The ignite tv bundle / number is associated with the profile im using to log on to the TSN / Sportsnet websites.  Dont see how I could be doing anything wrong.

I tried chat and was waiting 30 minutes, called in and advised its a 2 hour wait.  Can i get the support required to fix the issue here?

SBrowne
I plan to stick around

Ya you'll want to get them on the phone and escalate it to support as the first line of support will not be able to resolve. Do the phone back option instead of waiting.

ADG67
I've been around

Why is this an account by account solution given multiple people are having the same issue? Why isn’t there a back end patch to fix it as its obviously a widespread issue between companies Rogers own? Im in the same boat with the access issue.

Jack1245
I'm here a lot
Did live chat, they refreshed my profile and it fixed my issues. fyi

SBrowne
I plan to stick around

No way that's awesome. That chat rep is going places! Great to hear.

ScottyRads
I've been here awhile

What did you say to them? I’m very clearly explaining this issue and it’s like I’m speaking Martian.

I’m having the same issue and phone support is no help, are you able to assist?

I was going to call them on my iPhone however I got a prompt to do live chat via IMessage which I did. From there I told them when I log on to any broadcasters apps (TSN, Global etc) with my rogers account I was getting a channel not subscribed error. They refreshed my profile and it fixed the issue.

ScottyRads
I've been here awhile
Thanks I’ll try. The phone rep basically told me to get lost and use the ignite app or subscribe to every service separately.

SBrowne
I plan to stick around

Ya I had the same issue, just have to find someone who's comfortable and willing to ask around and figure it out. They clearly have an issue with this bug after transitioning to ignite from legacy. I would suggest you just have them look at this post so they could at least see others with the same issue. The support person I had was basically working on it all weekend asking around but she was nice enough to take care of it instead of just dumping it in the support queue where it gets removed without notice.

Nikolaos
I've been here awhile

You are lucky, I have the same issue and my tech was not helpful at all. I even sent them this thread, their solution update firmware on the ignite unit. Did not work, I even linked this thread. After an hour I just gave up.

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 in conversation