cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are recordings available after unsubscribing to channel?

I plan to stick around

Program recordings on Ignite TV are not as they were once with digital cable television.  That is, they are not recorded onto the device itself but reside in the cloud.  Sometimes, with IPTV, when one records, they are not really "recording" but rather bookmarking or tagging a recording that already exists on a server in the so-called cloud.

Let's say I subscribe to a particular channel, and proceed to record a program from this channel.  If I then unsubscribed from this channel sometime in the future, will my recorded program still be available on Ignite TV?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are recordings available after unsubscribing to channel?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@422151819119 wrote:

Let's say I subscribe to a particular channel, and proceed to record a program from this channel.  If I then unsubscribed from this channel sometime in the future, will my recorded program still be available on Ignite TV?

Yes, you will still keep and will still be able to play those recordings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@422151819119 wrote:

Yes, you will still keep and will still be able to play those recordings.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:  Yes, you will still keep and will still be able to play those recordings.

Caveat - Up to a year, or "until space needed" if you marked the recording that way.  - see link below.

https://www.rogers.com/support/device-guides/en/connected-home/tutorial/ignite-tv-streaming-device/1...

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation